Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes

Wtf nvidia!

[IMG]http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1994/nvidiaba.jpg[/IMG]

Why in the actual [expletive deleted] do you need a [expletive deleted]ing internet connection to install drivers?
You mean the 175MB I just downloaded wasn't enough?

I don't even know what to say to this...

EDIT: Thanks RFD for butchering my title.
It's not my fault that WTF and NVIDIA are supposed to be capitalized...
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Download and install the .NET Framework 4.0 from Microshaft, that should subvert the prompt for internet connection required.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I discovered that from a cross post I made. In fact, the installer has an (online) copy of .net 4. But that still means I gotta sneakernet the install over since that machine has no internet.

It's still a WTF moment. Everything you need to install something (especially drivers) should be packed in.
I HATE online installers.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1320 posts
111 upvotes
The message is incorrect, NVIDIA should get the damn error message right?
MkmBandit wrote: Download and install the .NET Framework 4.0 from Microshaft, that should subvert the prompt for internet connection required.
Intel 2600K @ 4.5Ghz / 8GB
Asus P8P67 DELUXE / Asus GTX 780
Antec 900 Mid Tower / Corsair H70 / XFX 850W Power Supply
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Actually now that I fixed it, I think the error message IS correct.
.net is failing because the included version is NOT the full version but rather the online version. So it attempts to download the rest of the .net crap and fails.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
More importantly, why does the nvidia driver so desperately need .net 4.0 ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2506 upvotes
xalex0 wrote: More importantly, why does the nvidia driver so desperately need .net 4.0 ?
They probably use it for the driver UI.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3907 posts
2336 upvotes
Ottawa
death_hawk wrote: Actually now that I fixed it, I think the error message IS correct.
.net is failing because the included version is NOT the full version but rather the online version. So it attempts to download the rest of the .net crap and fails.
On the other hand, be glad that it doesn't contain the Offline .Net 4.0 Framework installer.... because then you're repeatedly downloading it everytime you update your grahpics card driver for no reason :razz:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
SLee wrote: They probably use it for the driver UI.
And that's the problem with everything nowadays.
They're [expletive deleted ]ing drivers. I bought a GPU to play pretty games. I don't care how the install of my drivers looks. It's more important that they work as downloaded.
Akitakara wrote: On the other hand, be glad that it doesn't contain the Offline .Net 4.0 Framework installer.... because then you're repeatedly downloading it everytime you update your grahpics card driver for no reason :razz:
Ok you got me there. The stupid driver package is already close to 200MB. With .net they'll damn near have to start shipping driver DVDs instead of CDs....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2506 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: And that's the problem with everything nowadays.
They're [expletive deleted ]ing drivers. I bought a GPU to play pretty games. I don't care how the install of my drivers looks. It's more important that they work as downloaded.
Yeah it's annoying, with AMD's drivers it'll install but will complain on bootup if you don't have .net 3.5 installed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)