Computers & Electronics

Whats the best laptop to buy right now, any good deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2013 5:54 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2011
215 posts
12 upvotes

Whats the best laptop to buy right now, any good deals?

My ~4 year old HP laptop is really slow and overheats like crazy (temperature stays in the 90's). Plus a few other problems. I need to upgrade. Looking for something good which'll last long like a lenovo and asus. screen size: 15-17". or is this not the right time to buy and should i wait a bit? haven't seen any good deals lately.

won't be doing gaming as i use ps3 and will be getting ps4 at launch but its good to have a decent card for hd stream onto my plasma.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2031 posts
575 upvotes
m4r 1k8
any haswell cpu laptop will be amazing, id hold out for that, haswell is supposed to have increased battery life, reduced power usage, and the HD4600 is an improvement over the HD4000 (from what i saw on the desktop versions)
Nov 16, 2011
215 posts
12 upvotes
ed116 wrote: any haswell cpu laptop will be amazing, id hold out for that, haswell is supposed to have increased battery life, reduced power usage, and the HD4600 is an improvement over the HD4000 (from what i saw on the desktop versions)
How long until those notebooks start popping up? What will the price range be?
Dec 27, 2009
125 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
sager from reflex canada, they have non gaming models cheap.
apparently it's the most reliable brand today.

i had a lenovo and a gateway die on me in the last few years, so i dont trust either one anymore
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
nikul01 wrote: My ~4 year old HP laptop is really slow and overheats like crazy (temperature stays in the 90's). Plus a few other problems. I need to upgrade. Looking for something good which'll last long like a lenovo and asus. screen size: 15-17". or is this not the right time to buy and should i wait a bit? haven't seen any good deals lately.

won't be doing gaming as i use ps3 and will be getting ps4 at launch but its good to have a decent card for hd stream onto my plasma.
Budget for the laptop??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)