Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1804 posts
476 upvotes
Vancouver

SPA112 / SPA122 questions

I've seen a few people mention the SPA112 and SPA122 devices here and have some questions if anyone has the time to answer them.

1) Are Caller ID and Message Waiting Indicator working properly now?

2) There have been reports about the device occasionally crashing and requiring a reboot; has this been fixed in the latest revision?

3) The user interface used to only work in Internet Explorer, has this been fixed?

4) Do you or the other party ever hear "talk-off", that is, tones while someone is talking as if you had pressed a number on your phone?

5) Any echo on either end of the call?

6) For users of the SPA122, what is its maximum routing speed?

7) Is there any behaviour that causes the device to behave NOT like a typical landline?

Thanks. :)
2 replies
Jun 2, 2012
58 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
Had the SPA112 since January and haven't had much trouble with it. Most issues occur between the ATA and the service provider. Usually there is nothing with the ATA itself. Anyways to answer your questions.

1) Are Caller ID and Message Waiting Indicator working properly now?
Caller ID has always worked for me. I'm not too sure what you mean by message waiting indicator.
The ATA does notify me that I have voice messages by signaling the dial-tone 3 times when I first pickup the phone.

2) There have been reports about the device occasionally crashing and requiring a reboot; has this been fixed in the latest revision?
The longest period of time I've had the device on was 60 or so days straight. I've never experienced any crashing where I had to reboot the device.

3) The user interface used to only work in Internet Explorer, has this been fixed?
I never used Internet Explorer. I didn't even know there was an issue. The interface is a bit slow though.

4) Do you or the other party ever hear "talk-off", that is, tones while someone is talking as if you had pressed a number on your phone?
Never experienced this issue. In fact, never heard of it until now.

5) Any echo on either end of the call?
Not that I know of. I'm sure the person on the other end would have complained to me if there was.
Echos are probably caused by other reasons.

6) For users of the SPA122, what is its maximum routing speed?
I don't have a SPA122, but I don't think many people will recommend you using it as a router. A dedicated router is always preferred.

7) Is there any behaviour that causes the device to behave NOT like a typical landline?
I'm not too sure what you mean by "behave not like a typical landline".
:arrowd: Please press the Thanks button if I helped you :)
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1804 posts
476 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks. If anyone has any answers that are different from iDaggerPwn, I would be interested to know. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)