Shopping Discussion

Which car insurance company mails monthly billing statement (like tax bill) instead o

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2013 11:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4205 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary

Which car insurance company mails monthly billing statement (like tax bill) instead o

Which car insurance company mails monthly billing statement (like tax bill) instead of electronic debit from bank account? Thanks
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
Most insurance companys probably have the option if you ask.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
kocoman wrote: Which car insurance company mails monthly billing statement (like tax bill) instead of electronic debit from bank account? Thanks
I doubt you'd find any that offer this sort of billing process, although if the customer has a fleet policy, the monthly premium might be large enough to justify the paperwork.

Insurance policy terms are typically for a full 12 months. It would be an administrative nightmare to have to send the bill out monthly to ensure the monthly premium is paid in time to ensure continuous coverage. And what happens if you miss the month's payment? When do they decide at which point to send a cancellation notice for non-payment of premium? I'm thinking insurance companies would avoid this sort of billing process entirely because it's too open to abuse.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Some charge directly to your credit card every month if you prefer that option.