Shopping Discussion

Do you spend more money as a result of spending more time on RFD Hot Deals forum?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2013 8:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3252 posts
2873 upvotes
Montreal

Do you spend more money as a result of spending more time on RFD Hot Deals forum?

Are you like me and go on the RFD Hot Deals forum on your spare time on a regular basis and can't resist an item on sale so you pull your CC even though you don't really need the discounted product?
Maybe you convince yourself that you will eventually find a use for the item so you have a fair reason to buy it. :)
Or are you the disciplined type of person and only buy stuff that you really need?
virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I would say i was the latter but my wife would say im the former. :)
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Nope. Items that I want on sale never go on sale when I want them to...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
I like to think of it as:
RFD allows me to get the things I WANT, at the price I NEED it to be.

Now my credit card bill is down to $0 of hot deal purchases, since I got everything I WANT...

For now!
LOL
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
Tough to say. I've saved a lot of money thanks to RFD on the things I actually need/use, but I've definitely bought a lot of things I've never thought of buying before because of RFD. I say, they've cancelled each other out.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
At the start, yes but not anymore. I got stuff that I bought "cheaply" 2 years ago still collecting dust in the basement.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
This site is counter intuitive for sure.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
I don't, considering a large percentage of the deals posted are computer and electronic related. I am very rarely interested in those.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)