• Jul 24th, 2013 3:55 pm
Tags:
None
May 1, 2007
269 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto

Amazon.ca Super Saver shipping issue

I have 3 items in my cart and all 3 say eligible for Free super saver shipping, but when I try to checkout super save shipping is not an option.

The 3 items are:
Item 1. Sold and shipped by amazon, $5.98
Item 2. Sold and shipped by amazon, "add-on item", $3.99
Item 3. Sold by 3rd party and fulfilled by amazon, $26.99

In the cart all 3 say they are eligible for Free shipping.

Going to call this evening, just wondering if anyone has seen this before and may know why it's happening.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3186 upvotes
a_L13 wrote: I have 3 items in my cart and all 3 say eligible for Free super saver shipping, but when I try to checkout super save shipping is not an option.

The 3 items are:
Item 1. Sold and shipped by amazon, $5.98
Item 2. Sold and shipped by amazon, "add-on item", $3.99
Item 3. Sold by 3rd party and fulfilled by amazon, $26.99

In the cart all 3 say they are eligible for Free shipping.

Going to call this evening, just wondering if anyone has seen this before and may know why it's happening.
it will default to the higher shipping method, you need to change it to super saver. Also make sure you have selected to ship when all items are available instead of individually
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
a_L13 wrote: Going to call this evening, just wondering if anyone has seen this before and may know why it's happening.
I hadn't seen it before, but I tried it out and I do get the same thing as you're seeing. The FSSS option isn't even there. But it looks like it would also happen if you had just items #1 and #2.

I'm guessing it may be because the items are in different warehouses and it would be cost-prohibitive for Amazon to make two separate shipments. Let us know what Amazon says.
May 1, 2007
269 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
zoro69 wrote: it will default to the higher shipping method, you need to change it to super saver. Also make sure you have selected to ship when all items are available instead of individually

The point is that it is not even an option to select.
May 1, 2007
269 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
If I do just item #3 I get the FSSS option.

Items #1 and #3, I get the option for Free 2 day shipping with Prime trial but no FSSS option.

And wit items #2 & #3 no options other than standard or express shipping.

Very weird.

Just a few days a go I ordered 3 items all sold by 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon and had no problems.
May 1, 2007
269 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
reply from Amazon

"Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I've investigated the items in your basket and found that it qualified for free Super Saver Shipping.

Due to technical issue on our website, I see that this offer was not properly applied to your order. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Please place the order and contact us with the order number."
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1942 posts
1746 upvotes
Center of the univer…
I had the same issue when i was ordering the speaker stands by monoprice on Amazon. The item qualified for free shipping over $25, so I added on an item to get to $25 and there was no option for free shipping until I added on $4 item from the SAME seller (Monoprice in this case) and than it gave me the option for free shipping.

Kind of misleading, never had this issue before but now this seems to be the case even if its fulfilled by Amazon.ca