Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener

Suggestions for new internet account.

Renting in downtown Toronto and need internet. Basic use, no heavy downloading. Any suggestions or do I have to go with Robbers?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3531 posts
642 upvotes
Corktown
Start Communications uses DSL or cable.

Go cable. Pay the $50 installation fee. Buy or rent the modem. (DSL is going to cost $10/month for the dry loop.)

PM me if you want a used Motorola 51xx.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
2839 posts
1398 upvotes
Markham, ON
Rogers you're looking at $33/month for their lite Package (through Steve). $42 after 6 months. Total ripoff in my opinion.

Check the resellers (Tesavvy, Start, Contact.net, Acanac and etc...) You'll find something cheaper in the long run.

The only problem with the resellers, you'll have to wait almost 2 weeks for installtion. If you go with Rogers, they can come in tomorrow.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
sam123 wrote: Renting in downtown Toronto and need internet. Basic use, no heavy downloading. Any suggestions or do I have to go with Robbers?
Some providers have an exclusive right to the whole building and you may not have too much choice. If you do know for sure that other providers are connecting their service, then definitely go with a re-seller and leave the Robbers or Bhell for the seagulls.

Start.ca seems to be the new shining star as far as the resellers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)