Shopping Discussion

Fido charges late payment fee even paid 2 days before due date?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2013 12:11 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 5, 2012
435 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto

Fido charges late payment fee even paid 2 days before due date?

I recently signed up for Fido cellphone service and paid the first bill 2 days before the due date, at their web site with credit card. An email confirmed the payment seconds later.

The second bill shows a late payment charge. I called and was told that it takes few days to show up on my account. I was told it showed up 4-5 days later; the agent gave me 2 different date during the call.

Is this common practicc by Fido nowaday? I had Fido before Rogers takeover and don't recall they played this kind of trick.
1 reply
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Well, did you get a credit for the late payment charge?? The csr should give it back to you as a warning... like next time dont expect a credit and pay your bill earlier type thing. Basically a credit for ignorance, lol.

Srusly, bro... use online banking and register the fido bill there. Bank payments are much faster (normally 2 days max but in my experience usually 1 day processing) whereas the website may take longer. Sometimes they dont run or update the website for several days and you get hit for the late charge where as banks do a run EVERY DAY, sometimes twice a day so your payment gets to the biller faster. I pay my robbers bill via bank bill payment and next day I check My Account at robbers and balance is already $0 showing payment went thru...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)