Computers & Electronics

Where to best buy Microsoft office 2013 for small business?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2013 3:25 pm
Nov 21, 2007
663 posts
103 upvotes

Where to best buy Microsoft office 2013 for small business?

Wondering where is the best place to buy for a 5 pc office?
Can you reuse the same license if you reinstall o/s on same pc at a later date?
Do they all work with KMS or a simple one time activation?

Thanks in advance!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3142 posts
1031 upvotes
Toronto
There is a loophole with MSDN offline (telephone) activation for MS Office 2013 Pro Plus, where you can activate MS Office for free over the phone. I don't think I can post the exact details due to forum rules, but look around on Google.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
There's no discount for buying 5 copies. You're best off going to CDW or whomever your regular vendor is.

Regarding the licensing, yes you can re-install Office if you reformat and put on a different OS.

By work with KMS, you mean with a local KMS server?
Oct 8, 2010
153 posts
32 upvotes
You should look into Office 365 with a monthly/yearly subscription. You should be able to install on multiple computers through this path.
Nov 21, 2007
663 posts
103 upvotes
Thanked all who replied.

If I'm not mistaken, office365 requires an online connectivity at all times you wish to use the sw. I would hate to rely on some 6 letter cable or 4 letter dsl vendors in TO.

Please PM me with more info on "loop hole". Is it only using pro? We don't really need publisher, access, hence was looking at H&B.
Apr 21, 2007
153 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
Navon01 wrote: Thanked all who replied.

If I'm not mistaken, office365 requires an online connectivity at all times you wish to use the sw. I would hate to rely on some 6 letter cable or 4 letter dsl vendors in TO.

Please PM me with more info on "loop hole". Is it only using pro? We don't really need publisher, access, hence was looking at H&B.
No - Small Business Premium and Midsize provide desktop/offline access as well.

Many Office 365 plans also include the desktop version of Office, for example, Office 365 Small Business Premium and Office 365 Enterprise E3. One of the benefits of having the desktop version of Office applications is that you can work offline and have the confidence that the next time you connect to the Internet all your work will automatically sync, so you never have to worry about your documents being up to date. Your desktop version of Office is also automatically kept up to date and upgraded when you connect to the Internet, so you always have the latest tools to help you work.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)