None
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau

Hulu Plus Loading/Buffering Issues

Hello All,

I'm a new Hulu Plus user. I'm actually sharing my brothers account (he's in Chicago). I have 4 devices here that I'm using (or attempting to use) Hulu with, but I'm only successful with 2 of them.

1) Wii U (Working Successfully)
2) Windows 7 PC (Working Successfully)
3) LG Smart TV Upgrader - ST600 (Not Working)
4) Galaxy Nexus on an AOKP ROM on Android 4.2.2 (Not Working).

My Setup.

I have a 20mbps Cable Internet connection here at home. Within my Router, I have added the DNS addresses from http://tunlr.net/get-started/.

With the above setup, I am successfully able to login to stream anything from Hulu Plus on my PC and on my Wii U. On my LG ST600 device, I can log into Hulu Plus. But any TV Show I play, it begins by playing 1-2 ads, then when the show is about to begin, it just stays on a "LOADING" screen.

LG Smart TV Troubleshooting steps taken
- Soft Reset/Hard Reset
- Updated to the latest firmware
- Set my device to location USA (as thats the only way to get the Hulu Plus app)
- Added the DNS Addresses to the Wireless Connection itself
- Selected different TV Shows
- Adjusted the Quality settings to the lowest settings
- Deleted all the devices from the Hulu Plus account and readded this one

Still with all of the above steps taken, the same results happen after I choose any show. A few ads will begin playing, then it just stays on a loading screen forever. Has anyone else been successful with the LG ST600 and hulu plus? Netflix, Youtube, and all the other apps on this device work perfectly fine. Just Hulu Plus.

----

Galaxy Nexus

Pretty much the same issue as the LG ST600 device. I load up the application, select any tv show. It begins by playing 1-2 TV ads, then the app shows Buffering for awhile then a message comes up "It appears that you are having network issues. Please try again..."

The same issue happens when running this over WIFI and 3G (WIND MOBILE)

Galaxy Nexus Troubleshooting steps taken
- Installed Adfree and selected to revert settings
- Cleared Cache/Forced close/Uninstalled/Reinstalled
- Added DNS addresses to the WIFI settings and 3G Settings
- Downloaded the latest version of Huluplus provided by someone on XDA Developers
- Adjusted the Quality settings to the lowest setting
- Deleted all the devices from the Hulu Account and readded this one

Still with all of the above steps taken, the same results happen after I choose any show. A few ads will begin playing, then it just stays on a buffering screen with error "It appears you have having network issues. Please try again later". Has anyone else been successful with hulu plus on their android device? Netflix USA and all the other streaming apps on this device work perfectly fine. Just Hulu Plus is an issue.

I just don't get it. Please help

djino
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes
have you tried the other dns unblockers, like unblock us? I think they have a free trial which you can see, this should eliminate whether dns is the issue
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
utopianbl wrote: have you tried the other dns unblockers, like unblock us? I think they have a free trial which you can see, this should eliminate whether dns is the issue
I will try that when I get home from work, but I have my doubts about it being the DNS addresses since they work successfully with the Wii U and my PC, but you are right, I should attempt to eliminate that as being an issue.

djino