• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2013 8:07 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes

Ubuntu version

does anyone know what version of Ubuntu includes aircrack preinstalled.
13 replies
Jan 14, 2013
854 posts
99 upvotes
Gatineau
It's not called ubuntu, it was called backtrack, now the new one is called kali.
The Biggest LIE I tell myself, I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
My favourite version is 7.04. I think they perfected it and really should have left it. All the new versions are so buggy compared to 7.04!
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes
THEDARKLORD wrote: It's not called ubuntu, it was called backtrack, now the new one is called kali.
No I am talking about Ubuntu.Didn't some versions have aircrack?.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
How hard is it to just install it through apt-get or similar?
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Mark77 wrote: How hard is it to just install it through apt-get or similar?
AFAIK they no longer offer in the repository past 12.04 or something. Maybe OP can find a custom repository with packages for his release version. However, given the requirement for "pre-installed", I think this is beyond OP's capabilities. On the plus side however, OP probably won't be able to successfully use the software once its installed, so maybe no harm in pointing OP in the right direction.
Jan 14, 2013
854 posts
99 upvotes
Gatineau
OP do some googling for aircrack on Ubuntu but the fun stuff are in Kali not Ubuntu
The Biggest LIE I tell myself, I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it.
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes
0xffff wrote: AFAIK they no longer offer in the repository past 12.04 or something. Maybe OP can find a custom repository with packages for his release version. However, given the requirement for "pre-installed", I think this is beyond OP's capabilities. On the plus side however, OP probably won't be able to successfully use the software once its installed, so maybe no harm in pointing OP in the right direction.
thanks douche.and yes I tried installing, the download link did not work anymore.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
rodgerse wrote: thanks douche.and yes I tried installing, the download link did not work anymore.
You're welcome, and keep on proving my points! Have fun not cracking! Consider going for your GED first before you try again, it will help you get ahead in life more than whatever you're trying to do now.
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes
THEDARKLORD wrote: OP do some googling for aircrack on Ubuntu but the fun stuff are in Kali not Ubuntu
I guess so, if its less hassle.

on a side note I really hate trolls.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
rodgerse wrote: I guess so, if its less hassle.

on a side note I really hate trolls.
I really hate script kiddies. But you're not even that, so the world remains safe.
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes
you need to work on your subtlety my friend.have a nice day.
Nov 7, 2007
202 posts
2 upvotes
it might make his trolling more convincing.just a suggestion.mods close this thread if you wish.