Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2652 posts
587 upvotes
Kitchener

Wifi issues

The wifi in my house is terrible. I am on rogers, and my router (the one rogers provides) is in my basement. The signal is so weak that I can't get a decent signal even in my basement let alone on other floors in my house.

I have tried switching my modem over the years with others that rogers gives to customers. I have even tried different locations (that did help but not nearly as good as I wanted). I am finally fed up with it and figured I would find a different solution.

I am hoping this helps

http://ubnt.ca/en/unifi/74-unifi-ap.html

Does anyone know of a redemption voucher I could use?

Also if I understand this correctly I should have one wired to my router. The other two can be placed on different levels in my home. The other two units will need to be powered but otherwise wireless. Basically they are just repeaters. Is that correct?
Tired of renting from Reliance? This might be useful reliance-home-comfort-2464779/2/#p34473179
2 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
The wireless feature on the cable modems are generally pretty weak. Most people disable that feature and get their own wireless router. I run a router on the second floor and there is signal everywhere in the house, even basement.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener
Just set the rogers modem to bridge mode, you'll have to call their tech support as you can't do it yourself in the menus. Then plug in your router and you should be good to go.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)