• Sep 12th, 2013 4:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes

Samsung In Court For Copying Technology

South Korean giant Samsung Electronics is being sued in court for copying the technology used in Dyson vacuum cleaners.

[QUOTE]Dyson is suing Samsung Electronics over claims that the South Korean company "ripped off" its vacuum cleaner technology.

The British engineering company, which also pioneered "blade" hand dryers, has accused Samsung of copying its technology in the steering system on its latest vacuum cleaner.

Dyson said Samsung's Motion Sync vacuum cleaner used technology found in two Dyson appliances, the DC37 and DC39, which have been on the market for two years.

"This looks like a cynical rip-off by the giant Korean company Samsung," said company founder, Sir James Dyson. "Although they are copying Dyson's patented technology, their machine is not the same. Samsung has many patent lawyers so I find it hard not to believe that this is a deliberate or utterly reckless infringement of our patent."[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]"I would much rather invest in research to develop new technology than have to sue," said Dyson.[/QUOTE]
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1491 posts
611 upvotes
Markham
[QUOTE]Dyson is suing Samsung Electronics[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"I would much rather invest in research to develop new technology than have to sue," said Dyson. [/QUOTE]

Huh?
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1176 posts
84 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
He's saying he would prefer spend the money on research but he has to sue or else let their technology be given to everyone.
If he doesn't sue than I could make any dyson vacuum and sell it online without the worry of dyson coming after me.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
meh...

who cares.

do we really need vacuum cleaner discussions in this forum? shouldn't it go into home & garden?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
gilboman wrote: do we really need vacuum cleaner discussions in this forum? shouldn't it go into home & garden?
I really did think about putting this thread in the Home and Garden forum, but then I thought it's really nothing to do with vacuuming your house. The story is about the state of modern technology and since it involves Samsung Electronics, I decided to put it into the Computers and Electronics forum instead. It seemed like a good parallel to many of the issues of copying that seem to plague the industry today.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10493 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
Not surprised. This is coming from a company that hires students to slander its competitors online.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
Dyson is just trying to stay above water.

Samsung should just buy them out, then start selling all their products at a more competitive price.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Nov 28, 2011
888 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
isajoo wrote: Dyson is just trying to stay above water.

Samsung should just buy them out, then start selling all their products at a more competitive price.
Yeah, they should totally buy them out. Screw competition, amirite!?!?!111one
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
bartium wrote: Yeah, they should totally buy them out. Screw competition, amirite!?!?!111one
Dyson is becoming the Apple of vacuums, they can't just expect people to pay high prices for ever.

If Samsung were to buy them out, then THEY would definitely create a COMPETITION.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Dyson = overpriced vacuum.

Maybe Apple should also sue Dyson, for using the technology of being overpriced without Apple's approval.