• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2013 10:19 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 23, 2007
413 posts
41 upvotes

Help converting .tiff files to .pdf

I need to convert a bunch of .tiff file (incoming from my fax to pc) into .pdf files

I looked and there are a bunch of internet sites that do this - upload your file and they will convert it for you - but the information in the files is confidential so I don't want to use a web based converter.

I found some freeware / shareware downloads on various sites but I am reluctant to risk viruses, malware etc.

Just wondering if there is a reliable and safe way to do this.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2513 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
View the file in a Chrome browser window, then print. You will see a "save as PDF" option.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
Install PDF Creator and you can "print" it to a PDF
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't need batch processing then you could install pdfcreator and then use your favourite image viewer to print the tiffs.
Nov 23, 2007
413 posts
41 upvotes
Thanks for the replies.

So every day I get 20 or 30 faxes into the incoming fax folder on my computer, they are in .tif format

I'd like to use either the Chrome browser method or the PDF Creator to automatically convert all 20 or 30 .tif files into .pdf files

Anyone have an idea how to automate this?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
trilinearmipmap wrote: Thanks for the replies.

So every day I get 20 or 30 faxes into the incoming fax folder on my computer, they are in .tif format

I'd like to use either the Chrome browser method or the PDF Creator to automatically convert all 20 or 30 .tif files into .pdf files

Anyone have an idea how to automate this?
Have the software save .pfds.
Nov 23, 2007
413 posts
41 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: Have the software save .pfds.
Sorry, I don't understand this post.

I am looking for a way to batch it. Rather than convert .tif to .pdf one file at a time, I want to take a folder full of 20 .tif files, and end up with a folder full of 20 .pdf files
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
143 upvotes
If you use chrome you can only do it one at a time. I don't think there is an automated way of completing this task. Ask your fax company to add the option of sending them to you as PDFs?? Or find a different company that will!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1438 posts
619 upvotes
trilinearmipmap wrote: Sorry, I don't understand this post.

I am looking for a way to batch it. Rather than convert .tif to .pdf one file at a time, I want to take a folder full of 20 .tif files, and end up with a folder full of 20 .pdf files
Install PDFCreator as the other poster said. Open up a File Explorer window, select all the files, Right-Click, and print them to PDFCreator.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe you should consider a service like myfax instead, virtual fax that automatically sends you everything into PDF format
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
7084 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
trilinearmipmap wrote: Sorry, I don't understand this post.

What software do you use? It might have an option to save as PDF natively.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)