• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2013 6:56 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 13, 2006
353 posts
47 upvotes

need laptop with dvd drive

I am so out of the loop re portable computers. My current Dell Vostro 1400 (Vista Ultimate) is 6 years old and today it appears that the video connector/connection no longer works. As I use it daily for work I need to replace it this weekend.

I don't need a crazy large screen nor crazy specs (it needs to have a dvd drive).

Are there currently some (extra) good deals for machines in the GTA that you could recommend?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
Check your local staples, they always have $200~300 laptops with dvd on clearance.

Now, if you are looking for something worthwhile and since its for work, mind as well spend little extra and pickup thinkpad t-series from Lenovo which will run you under $1000 depending on specs.
Jun 3, 2003
5 posts
Ontario,Canada
This looks pretty good,if not look around there a bit.You will find something there to your liking.Just check the stock levels for in your area.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=060127
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

- J.B Books in The Shootist 1976-John Wayne
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1567 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville
External DVD drive costs $25+, so OP if you are not using it every single day, then just select the proper laptop (with or without DVD), and just purchase external one if needed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)