Computers & Electronics

Which apps to buy from the Google Play Store?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2013 8:36 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore

Which apps to buy from the Google Play Store?

My $25 credit from Google (got it from the 1st gen Nexus 7) is going to expire in about a week. I can't seem to figure out what's really worth buying. Most of my needs have been met through the free apps that are available from the store.

Any suggestions on some must have apps?
9 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Did you root and run custom Roms on your device? There are some good apps like kernels and such.

Backup apps are another option, such as Helium.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2009
1948 posts
337 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: My $25 credit from Google (got it from the 1st gen Nexus 7) is going to expire in about a week. I can't seem to figure out what's really worth buying. Most of my needs have been met through the free apps that are available from the store.

Any suggestions on some must have apps?
If you have Plex media server than the Plex app is a must have.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
SwiftKey
Beautiful Widgets
Root Explorer (root required)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
coriolis wrote: Did you root and run custom Roms on your device? There are some good apps like kernels and such.

Backup apps are another option, such as Helium.
I ended up buying that Titanium backup app. Guess it's too late now, but the reviews said that was one of the best if not the best in its class.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
walker2238 wrote: If you have Plex media server than the Plex app is a must have.
I don't, but I bought that app anyways. It was very difficult figuring out how to spend that $25 credit. Ultimately I left $0.25 on the table so I bought $24.75 worth of apps.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1833 posts
1624 upvotes
Just go to the Top Paid Apps section and browse that list. As someone mentioned, SwiftKey is a must.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
reservoir_dogs wrote: Just go to the Top Paid Apps section and browse that list. As someone mentioned, SwiftKey is a must.
It's too late as the credit was expiring on September 30th.