• Oct 26th, 2013 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes

Teksavvy Sucks!!!!!

Second downtime in a month!!! Really great...
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Fine here in Scarberia
Aug 21, 2011
854 posts
232 upvotes
It's either you get more reasonable prices but a good chance at horrible service, or you pay a lot more but still have a pretty decent chance at suffering from horrible service.

No matter which ISP, its never gonna be perfect, especially in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5330 posts
3052 upvotes
Scarborough
Menace wrote: Fine here in Scarberia
Ditto. I don't think I've had any downtime in months now.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes
service for me has never gone down except for general maintenance.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
True! I do not think it has anything to do my modem upgrade (SB5100 to SB6121)
ASharp wrote: Ditto. I don't think I've had any downtime in months now.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
i haven't had my teksavvy internet go offline for about 6 months now.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2005
1593 posts
50 upvotes
jimmy-j wrote: i haven't had my teksavvy internet go offline for about 6 months now.
I've had TSI for 6-7 months now, and my only downtime was when my apartment building lost power - and, of course, that's not TSI's fault.

I'm more than satisfied.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
no downtime that I know of in almost 2 years for me
Jul 3, 2013
58 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Are you sure it's not Rogers messing up for them?

They are a third party internet supplier... they resell Roger's cable without the criminal rates or underhanded billing
May 23, 2008
979 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
I think it's Rogers- intentional sabotage of wholesalers.
I'm switching back to TS DSL.

I think Rogers messes with TS in order to funnel customers back to Rogers. Can't let them win that game.
IMO, of course.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
cheerfulmaven wrote: Are you sure it's not Rogers messing up for them?

They are a third party internet supplier... they resell Roger's cable without the criminal rates or underhanded billing
wrong
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1019 posts
401 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
cheerfulmaven wrote: Are you sure it's not Rogers messing up for them?

gilboman wrote: wrong
he's right actually, they use rogers infrastructure, if rogers is having a problem then teksavvy has no control over it and really cant do anything about it. Even when you have problems a rogers tech come out to fix it.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
martinwales28 wrote: he's right actually, they use rogers infrastructure, if rogers is having a problem then teksavvy has no control over it and really cant do anything about it. Even when you have problems a rogers tech come out to fix it.
they use rogers for last mile .. of course teksavvy has control over it.. what are you talking about?

teksavvy can a) build their own last mile or b) pay rogers enough so rogers would have incentive to fix it.

it's all teksavvy's fault..they oversubscribed themselves and do not have an agreement with rogers that gives their customers an acceptable Level of service. The reason TS customers get shafted is because TS is too cheap and greedy and rather their customers suffer than invest more in addressing problems. Saying it's Rogers fault is totally incorrect, it's all TS, if TS wanted to improve service, they would have a better agreement with rogers ensuring adequate LoS, but they don't because they won't pay.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Been with them since 2010 when they launched cable service, not much downtime but did suffer through all the over-selling and congestion. YMMV I guess with TekSavvy, if you have issues it could be a pain for it to get fixed because it usually gets tossed back and forth between rogers and teksavvy.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
So everybody was OK years ago when Teksavvy oversubscribed and gave slow and poor service. Nobody blamed Rogers back then. If there is a last mile issue, then Rogers should have it as well. This time around when the same issues occur, most believe it is Rogers fault and there still is nothing wrong with the last mile still because TS customers are switching back to Rogers and there are no issues. Same house, same wire, in some cases the same modem.

Clearly there is no issue in the last mile. Clearly this is an example of users mongering. It is an issue before the last mile. Because you don't know exactly where the bottleneck is, zip it. There is enough misinformation out there.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1676 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Been with Teksavvy now for 2 years, I think my internet has gone down maybe twice that whole period. I think it really just depends on where you live. My sister and her boyfriend live near Kennedy and Eglinton are having constant disconnects and downtime lately.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)