Computers & Electronics

Should I be concerned about this SMART SSD warning?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2013 5:48 am
Tags:
None
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
does the brand have a tool to test ssd's? if so i would run that and see what it says.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Check again with a free demo of had disk sentinel

Also check with http://ssd-life.com
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
napoleon1769 wrote: Oh I forgot to mention that I have extra USB ports in the back. It's just that I want some in the front for easy access. Thanks for the suggestion though!
not sure what you meant by that.

Never even knew G-skill made SSD's. how much did you pay for it and how many gigs?
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Nov 30, 2013
29 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I think S.M.A.R.T. is for HDD, not for SSD. You don't care that status. Many of them is not for SSD.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1705 posts
61 upvotes
Windsor
SMART works just fine for SSD. most will report their error rate, how many GB have been written/read from the drive, expected remaining writes, etc.
Mar 6, 2007
950 posts
62 upvotes
CompWizrd wrote: SMART works just fine for SSD. most will report their error rate, how many GB have been written/read from the drive, expected remaining writes, etc.
Yes. And furthermore, not all manufacturers use the same offsets for the same information. So the tool could easily be misreading the fields since they may not be aware of the format that the manufacturer decided to use. If the manufacturer doesn't provide their own tool to give the data, then I'd be wary of any results.