Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes

Does Shop.ca Price Match?

Hey

So I got $95 worth of credits for shop.ca that I want to use, I was going to buy a few items and then rest Cara Gift Cards but apparently that won't work(seems you can't use it against the GC which I thought you could as only the petro cards said you could not use GC against it).

Anyways so trying to think of what to get as with all my credits as I will either get it close to free(within a few dollars) or make some profit off it when I factor in the 20% from GCR. I was trying to think of some future gifts for family members and one was crockpot which is the same model another family member bought yet they bought it for like $30 in the States and I seen it like for $45 (shop.ca is like $65) here in Canada.

So wondering if I can pricematch if I find it lower that way I can end up getting another gift for someone else. If not then I guess I will have to see what else they have or just buy it and say well I am still getting it for a super price.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Ha HA! That's how Shop.ca gets you back! Give a ton of store credit, only to be forced to buy at overpriced prices!

I think?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: Ha HA! That's how Shop.ca gets you back! Give a ton of store credit, only to be forced to buy at overpriced prices!

I think?
Was thinking that, I am sure some items are better priced but quite a few products I seen so far are more overpriced.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
xiaobao wrote: Was thinking that, I am sure some items are better priced but quite a few products I seen so far are more overpriced.
Ah xiaobaobao, you are learning business :razz:
I was always dubious about those stacking discounts. Some of the cash backs are actual cash on your paypal account, but everything else is just very limited money. Now you can't use your discounts anymore since you already used them and you have money you can't spend on competitively priced items.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: Ah xiaobaobao, you are learning business :razz:
I was always dubious about those stacking discounts. Some of the cash backs are actual cash on your paypal account, but everything else is just very limited money. Now you can't use your discounts anymore since you already used them and you have money you can't spend on competitively priced items.
Yep and with shop.ca things keep changing so fast, was going to use GCR rebates but now that is down to 15% from 20%. Also saw on the site if you use some other coupon code it invalidates your purchase.

This means I would get less items and pay slightly more so it is back to ebates. If I did all my math right I should get the crockpot, kitchen scale, and some books and out of pocket will pay $1.62.

I can live with that. My goal was always to try to get close to zero and do one purchase. I don't want to get caught up in the frenzy and I end up not really getting a good deal. I am sure once they done this blitz of all these coupons to gain attention and such there prices hopefully will go down more or maybe that is there model to give coupons like crazy out up have inflated prices.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
So shop.ca does not price match eh? I have an item showing cheaper at costco.ca
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Takes 1 min to call and ask I bet it would take much longer to get answers from a forum
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Shop.ca is closer to ebay than to an online store. Does ebay price match?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)