• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2013 6:46 am
Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2011
42 posts
Saint Catharines

CBI versus UPS versus... anything else?

Hey folks. My friend and I exchange Christmas gifts. She lives in the US (Florida) and I want to ease the shipping cost for her to send me a package. I live near the border so I am going over to ship hers. I would rather she be able to ship it to Niagara Falls, NY and save some dollars.

What's my best bet? It shouldn't be too heavy.

Similarly, I was just going to go through US post to send hers -- or do you have other suggestions? Should I do a pre-paid box? I've only shipped smaller items out of the US.

Thanks!
1 reply
Oct 22, 2010
286 posts
136 upvotes
Maple Ridge
If this not timely manner thing it be cheaper for her to send item via USPS. Postage there really cheap compared to Canada. Also I'd tell you to ship via Canada post since its going to states. Unless it very timely manner then don't use. Ultimately USPS is cp is cheapest. All other companies will cost like more. I would not reccomend using ups unless you want to be stabedby brokerage fees and fees up to your ying yang. Lol. You know get estaimate on websites like ups Purolator etc etc. I generally try to get the item in smallest box as much as possible as long item won't get damaged. Lower weight Smaller = cheaper. You could get shipped in us but its more time. Is it worth you time and money. I know in Ontario takes forever to get around.when crossing the boarder You still have to declare the item.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)