Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes

outdated broswer deteceted from firefox

outdated browser detected - misspelled

outdated broswer deteceted from firefox update

how to remove??

been popping out on the screen for entire day anyone had same problem?
14 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Go to the Mozzila/Firefox site and update your browser. ??
If it is, then it will be fixed. if it isn't, do a virus scan.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Go to the Mozzila/Firefox site and update your browser. ??
If it is, then it will be fixed. if it isn't, do a virus scan.
i actually did remove and re install however is still doing this popped up

"Browser Update!

It is recommended that you update your browser to the latest version to view this page.

Please update to continue."
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
Outdated Browser Detected
You are currently using - Firefox 26
Please Update The Latest Version Of Firefox (Recommended)

Terms of Service

Your browser is currently out of date. It is very important to keep your browser up-to-date for your own safety and security, and that of your computer.
There are many different sorts of security threats that you can be subject to when you're browsing the web: identity theft, phishing sites, viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, and other sorts of malware.
Many browser updates will be issued to combat just these problems.
Thank you for choosing to download one of the free software from our servers. This website is designed to provide easy access to downloads of a variety of useful free open source software. We also partner with 3rd parties to offer toolbars and other tools (“Toolbars”) for download to our users. We will refer to the Toolbars and the other related services we provide as the “Services”. We are aware of the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy. As part of this responsibility, we provide this privacy policy (“Privacy Policy”) to let you know what information we collect, how we use it, share it and protect it.

Your download is an open source software licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL); available below.

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
i just updated mine after seeing this and i have no issues.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
Keas wrote: i just updated mine after seeing this and i have no issues.
the update is a virus!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
Try Spybot or backup key3.db and signons.sqlite(they backup all your password keys) in Roaming/mozilla/firefox/profiles/###########. Backup Bookmarks. Uninstall Firefox and delete all the stuff from Mozilla in your Local and Roaming. Reinstall Firefox.

Definitely a webrowser hijack: https://www.google.ca/#q=http%3A%2F%2Fw ... Firefox%2F
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
boyohboy wrote: "www.update-browser.org"

That looks completely legit...
Yup, that's a virus. First thing, disconnect your network connection, then backup whatever you can and then wipe and reinstall your system.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
noNuser wrote: the update is a virus!
what updating from the help tab /about firefox and click on check for updates is updating a virus?

ok read a lot of posts on the FF forums though only found 1 about this and in that a link to an older version with similar pop up and solution. solution is to reset the FireFox profile on the user that this is happening too.

hope this helps.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
Who knows. Why don't you scan it? Could be a web browser hijacker. Check your addons. Check your FF shortcuts and make sure there's no extra texts behind the ". Example: Good "C:\Program Files\Cyberfox\Cyberfox.exe" NOT GOOD "C:\Program Files\Cyberfox\Cyberfox.exe" httb:/www.update-browser.org/Firefox/fake or whatever after the ".
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
boyohboy wrote: "www.update-browser.org"

That looks completely legit...
lol exactly.. first thing that came to mind after OP posted a screenshot

so OP knows how to post a screenshot but doesn't know where to get browser updates? troll much?
ShadowVlican