Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.

US Ship & Forward to Canada?

Long story short - need an item shipped to the US, but I cant get over to pick it up.

Is there a place in the States I can ship to that will then use USPS to ship it to me in Canada?

Sucks not to have an Amerifriend.....lol.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
There is a company called ReShip.com (http://www.reship.com/UI/AboutUs.aspx) which states on their website that they reship to Canada from the U.S. and allow you to pick which carrier they use (including USPS). Looks like they also let you pay using PayPal...I haven't used them myself but you may want to check them out....I'm sure there are others as well. Hope this helps
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3013 posts
270 upvotes
Kingston
I just used them and I have no complaints. There support email is rather quick if an issue does arise.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7022 posts
2907 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Check out http://www.packageexpress.com/Forms/For ... aRates.pdf

I think you will find their rates for forwarding your parcel to Canada more attractive than the ones above. (Those above reship all over the world and have fairly rigorous procedures they need to work to.)

The rates seem to be just $3 over the Post Office price (or about $5 if the online discounted rate is used) which is not bad for the work involved. At least when I check FCMI rates on USPS.com.

Add $2 for each package you want consolidated, and their $3 or so to receive your package in the first place.

It does add up and can get close to ebay's Global Shipping Program, but should be ideal for non-ebay U.S. sellers that ship only domestically where you don't have much choice.

They do the customs form based on your instruction - you don't have to do it yourself as with Reship.com and others.

Even though they are right at the border, this doesn't help when using mail forwarding. Your parcel will go to a USPS ISC such as Chicago, NY, SF before getting to Mississauga or Vancouver.
So you will have the same wait you are accustomed to - 1 or 2 weeks.

It's about the only business like this that still offers mail forwarding to Canada. Others dropped the service - maybe because it is more trouble than it is worth to them.
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
x2 on PackageExpress

I'm not sure on how much they charge now but they've been outstanding for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)