Shopping Discussion

WTF is causing unacceptable delays ii order processing at Memory Express?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2015 9:37 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes

WTF is causing unacceptable delays ii order processing at Memory Express?

First off let me say that I'm a long time ME shopper, but for the last month or two ME has become redonkulously slow in processing, let alone actually shipping out their orders. Time and again an order I place sits there for 2 or three days as "New order" before it's even looked at, typically it seems to take 3 or 4 business days before it's shipped. Has anyone else had this same problem? It's really unfortunate because I can no longer order parts from them that I need in a timely manner.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
13 replies
Jun 22, 2012
284 posts
45 upvotes
Surrey
Don DiGuapo wrote: First off let me say that I'm a long time ME shopper, but for the last month or two ME has become redonkulously slow in processing, let alone actually shipping out their orders. Time and again an order I place sits there for 2 or three days as "New order" before it's even looked at, typically it seems to take 3 or 4 business days before it's shipped. Has anyone else had this same problem? It's really unfortunate because I can no longer order parts from them that I need in a timely manner.
Maybe NCIX bought them?
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
WTF CALM DOWN WTF
Mid-November to now has been crazy shopping period.
WTF
Wow, impatience.
Go buy B&M if you want it WTFNOW
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: WTF CALM DOWN WTF
Mid-November to now has been crazy shopping period.
WTF
Wow, impatience.
Go buy B&M if you want it WTFNOW
Looks like you're the one that needs to calm down (WTF x 4) :facepalm:
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Don DiGuapo wrote: Looks like you're the one that needs to calm down (WTF x 4) :facepalm:
Sorry, I was trying to immitate your attitude. I am not actually wtf'ing.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3741 posts
3571 upvotes
Not an attitude, just a way of putting it. In the meantime your response was dripping with negative attitude, get an adjustment son.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Don DiGuapo wrote: Not an attitude, just a way of putting it. In the meantime your response was dripping with negative attitude, get an adjustment son.
Starting a thread with WTF is pretty much a negative attitude.
Your impatience towards SLIGHT delays in order processing during the holiday period just shows immaturity.
I keep picturing a kid throwing a fit because he/she is told to wait his/her turn to unwrap a gift.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
I agree with Don Diguapo.

November or not, Christmas or not, they should deliver what is promised.

They know its going to be a busy time. They should be transparent about the slow processing time or hire more staff to be able to give a proper service.

On a side note, my order shipped in a timely manner this year. And yes, wtf with Canada post. They used UPS before. Thats sucks....
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Overall, ME has been pretty reliable. Just be patient man.
Nov 18, 2015
9 posts
Mississauga
I ordered my xbox one controller on Dec 31... it still hasn't even been shipped out.
Mar 9, 2014
457 posts
216 upvotes
The delays are probably related to them unjustly requesting "additional documentation" for all the online transactions, as per another thread in this forum.

I sure hope no one else is falling for that crap and sending copies of their driver's license and utility bills, which is a contravention of the Personal Information Protection Act, and their credit card merchant agreements.

BTW, If they are requesting this info from you...
-->Privacy Commissioner: (888) 878-4044 (this is for the Alberta Act, as Memory Express is based out of Alberta)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5983 posts
159 upvotes
i ordered stuff from ncix on dec 24, it finally got shipped this week... not gonna be too mad about it, it's christmas, they get tons of orders to fulfill.
images are not permitted in sigs
Feb 24, 2011
37 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
Coz4k wrote: I agree with Don Diguapo.

November or not, Christmas or not, they should deliver what is promised.

They know its going to be a busy time. They should be transparent about the slow processing time or hire more staff to be able to give a proper service.

On a side note, my order shipped in a timely manner this year. And yes, wtf with Canada post. They used UPS before. Thats sucks....

They are transparent about it. There is even a drop down notification during the holidays that there will be increased orders O_O I guess no one sees these things eh?
ಠ_ಠ