Shopping Discussion

Futureshop Order came with damaged packaging through Canada Post..

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2014 10:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes

Futureshop Order came with damaged packaging through Canada Post..

So the can post girl see the speaker boxes were damaged with hole punctures and tears etc, she placed damaged parcel stickers on each speaker (two in total) box. When I opened boxed, one speaker had a small amount of damage to the corner. I go to the Canada post website and from what I read, I have to contact FS and they are the only ones that can file a damaged parcel claim... WTF.

Sounds like this is not worth my while. Any suggestions?
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
I'd rather keep the items and get a refund.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1005 posts
566 upvotes
GTA
Answers wrote: I'd rather keep the items and get a refund.
Keep the items OR get a refund?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
601 upvotes
North of Toronto
Answers wrote: I'd rather keep the items and get a refund.
Why would they do that?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
id rather keep the speakers, and make Canada post pay me for damaging my items, called compensation.
Feb 9, 2011
883 posts
131 upvotes
Montr
Oh boy good luck haha im sorry but you wont keep you items and canada post wont reimburse you, orelse everyone would damage their parcels to get free stuff.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
Answers wrote: id rather keep the speakers, and make Canada post pay me for damaging my items, called compensation.
Get a hold of Future Shop and have them start the claim...only the sender can initiate that process. You sound a bit entitled if you ask me...
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14183 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: You sound a bit entitled if you ask me...
This
Wants to have his cake and eat it too
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
Answers wrote: id rather keep the speakers, and make Canada post pay me for damaging my items, called compensation.
We'll need a world where companies go out of business for putting up with such greed. If only such an ideal world existed for RFD'ers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
Ethically, I think that he should be allowed to keep the speakers and get a small amount of money if they're slightly damaged, with an increasing amount depending on the severity of the damage.
Jan 17, 2010
950 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
It must be nice to live in the land of sunshine and lollipops
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Ethically, I think that he should be allowed to keep the speakers and get a small amount of money if they're slightly damaged, with an increasing amount depending on the severity of the damage.
Realistically he is entitled to get exactly what he ordered and futureshop will replace them and then they'll fight it out with CP.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4624 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Answers wrote: I go to the Canada post website and from what I read, I have to contact FS and they are the only ones that can file a damaged parcel claim... WTF.
You are FS's customer (you bought speakers and s/h service from them), and FS is CP's customer (FS bought and paid for service from CP). You are not CP's customer. The workflow continues in the same way:
You make a claim to FS (you did keep the packaging, the damaged parcel sticker, and pics of said damage before opening the box?), and FS takes the claim to CP.
CP reimburses FS, and FS reimburses you.
Even if CP was responsible (ie. FS didn't send out damaged box from its warehouse), the terms of shipping were probably FOB Destination, so technically they're not your items until you received them so FS will have to file the claim. You do not get direct compensation from CP.

And I do agree with some of the other posters...

So back to our workflow... assuming everything is good, this is what you could expect:
CP compensates FS for their cost, and FS compensates you for the cost... which is probably $0, unless you ordered extra heavy speakers or you're in a remote area.

That could be your compensation, but FS will probably be nice and provide you with a prepaid shipping label so you can send it back at no cost to you, or you can return it in store, and give you a $5 to $10 e-certificate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)