• Jan 9th, 2014 5:23 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2009
565 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto

any good deals on a lightweight laptop?

looking for a laptop that has around 14 inch screen that is really lightweight and portable with good battery life.

basically just to be used for word processing, watching movies, streaming shows, etc.

not really to play games or anything

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
9 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
A tablet with a bluetooth keyboard.
Dec 21, 2009
565 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
eh not really a big fan of tablets in general, i just find it easier to perform fast functions and stuff with a laptop instead

i had an hp touchpad and it just really put me off tablets
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
How about this: http://www.costco.ca/Asus-Zenbook-UX32A ... 96428.html

This Asus Zenbook for $629 is something to consider and you get a 2 year warranty and 90 day return from Costco. Granted it only has an i3, but your not gaming anyways so it should be enough. i3's use less energy and create less heat than i5's and i7's anyways. Plus this laptop is slim and pretty light. Not the best price but it's decent. Maybe somebody else can help you find another Zenbook on a different website with better specs/price.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
bbmello wrote: eh not really a big fan of tablets in general, i just find it easier to perform fast functions and stuff with a laptop instead
A chromebook.
Or if you absolutely need MS Office's full functions... do they still make Windows netbooks?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
alkizmo wrote: A chromebook.
Or if you absolutely need MS Office's full functions... do they still make Windows netbooks?
I think Asus and maybe Acer still make netbooks but I personally find them excruciatingly slow (I have one). The OP asked for around 14" anyways so 10" is out of the question I would think.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
dealseaker101 wrote: I think Asus and maybe Acer still make netbooks but I personally find them excruciatingly slow (I have one). The OP asked for around 14" anyways so 10" is out of the question I would think.
oh right, i forgot they were like 11". My niece did say it was too small when I gave her one.

Hmmm... well, no real deal for now anyway on standard consumer laptops. Any good deal would be gone in a day or two.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
We really need to know your budget because that makes a HUGE difference at the 14" range. It could mean the difference between a $1200 MacBook and a $400 Asus.
Dec 21, 2009
565 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
dealseaker101 wrote: We really need to know your budget because that makes a HUGE difference at the 14" range. It could mean the difference between a $1200 MacBook and a $400 Asus.
oh yeah sorry forgot to mention

not looking to spend more than 400 - 500 bucks
dealseaker101 wrote: How about this: http://www.costco.ca/Asus-Zenbook-UX32A ... 96428.html

This Asus Zenbook for $629 is something to consider and you get a 2 year warranty and 90 day return from Costco. Granted it only has an i3, but your not gaming anyways so it should be enough. i3's use less energy and create less heat than i5's and i7's anyways. Plus this laptop is slim and pretty light. Not the best price but it's decent. Maybe somebody else can help you find another Zenbook on a different website with better specs/price.
oh wow i like the look of that laptop, i'm gonna be at costco tomorrow going to see if they have it on display so i can get more of a feel for it thanks for posting

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)