• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2014 6:38 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2181 posts
1215 upvotes

Future Shop Markham Rd 14th ave CLOSED - officially 530pm

Went to Future Shop this 530pm to try to catch some 50% off deal even thou seeing some fellow RFDers saying all good stuff gone (well tru RFD spirit)

IT IS CLOSED with 3 to 5 armed policemen there....... (i am not implying any negative here, most likely for security reason)

Yes, it is NOT hot deal but figure out this sub forum is the most visited

It is a sad reality that seeing FS shrinking due to various blamable/non-blamable external/internal reason

Like to hear from you on FS in general.
  • Did you work there?
  • Did you have fun as a part timers when you were still in school, freshly grad or
  • Devoted full timers?
  • Being one that work at the 7825 yonge st Richmond Hill store for their GRAND OPENING for 2 yrs was a great fresh grad feeling and experience
  • Sales person PK(product knowledge) were great, not pushy, great training constantly
  • Mystery shopping to keep the store 98% plus customer service

but then....... 18, 20yrs later......

Still remember ADVENTURE 1980's and early 90's was closed out by futureshop........ when FS become bigger and bigger

purely like to here your word about Futureshop, positive, negative, fun, the worst yelling part by a customer OR being a customer........

MOD, feel free to move to appropriate
139 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2009
1071 posts
1160 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Wow BLAZING HOT DEAL BOUGHT 60 FOR RESALE ON KIJIJI. Gonna make hundreds of thousands of dollars. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
The mortgage fee is a deal killer.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
I personally shop at Future Shop and Best Buy first before considering other stores. I have no complaints as I've been lucky enough to deal with nice and honest people that work there. Most of the time it's a great experience and I wouldn't want them to end up like Zellers.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6298 upvotes
Ontario
Get a blog..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
2007camryhybrid wrote: Yes, it is NOT hot deal but figure out this sub forum is the most visited
Whoa rebel!
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Hot deal. At least post in shopping discussion.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
370 upvotes
A lot of the floor staff who work at FS have no clue what they are talking about.

also IBTL
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
Futureshop burned too many people on special online sales days. Stay up till midnight, try to order, site crashes. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I'm sure we will see more of their stores closing. Just surprised it took this long.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2181 posts
1215 upvotes
I have to go for test by my department manager when i was first selling.....
past 5 10yrs with my FS experience bring friends or myself to get COMPUTERS, APPLIANCES, TV etc...... i am educating the staff instead.....
plebeian wrote: A lot of the floor staff who work at FS have no clue what they are talking about.

also IBTL
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Hingg
hated on but respected.
Aug 21, 2011
854 posts
232 upvotes
Might (or might not) have been fun working there but for a while now shopping there hasn't been no pleasure.

They seem to make far too much of their money from uninformed customers, selling horrible waranties, far overpriced hdmi cables, all that garbage they try to pile onto computer sales. I'm not saying it's their job to inform people or not to make money but they just take things too far. They just have an outdated business model. How they can make it work? I dunno but if they want to exist with physical locations they better think up a plan soon. I mean look at walmart, compare them to how they were ~10 years ago and you can see they adapted to market changes pretty well. Not saying FS/BB should start selling groceries, having doctor's offices, etc but they gotta figure things out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6055 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
dang i had no idea...sorry to hear that...havent been in a FS in years, but knowing there was one close by for promos (like the free xbox one / ps4 giveaway) was useful
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Seriously this belongs in Shopping Discussion.

And stores open and close. This is just another one. I don't particularly like that location but don't hate it either.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Wrong forum.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Oct 28, 2012
475 posts
196 upvotes
Calgary
yeah, should close thread. It's just part of bestbuys plan to consolidate their locations, they closed 5% of their locations in 2013, probably will do the same in 2014.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)