• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2014 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 31, 2004
218 posts
39 upvotes

Lack of superbowl TV deals

Is it just me or was there better deals last year around superbowl vs boxing day? This year, I wish I jumped on a boxing day (week) deal instead.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
It's being made up for by an increased number of pizza and wings deals.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
I noticed this too. I kept hearing last year the best time to buy a TV is during super bowl week. Nothing really stood out to me in regards to sales. So I ended up getting the samsung UN75F6300 from costco for $3199 delivered ($3189 at the new Dundas store in Mississauga) + extended warranty for 5 yrs for $99. Costco.com has the same tv for $2699. After you convert to Canadian and factor the Duties at the boarder, it ends up costing more to buy from the states.

I waited and waited to see if Costco would reduce the price, but no. Everyone is selling this TV for $3199 now on sale.

sk
Apr 4, 2012
627 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
I know Samsung usually releases their new models starting around March/April. I remember getting one of their newer TV's around that time last year when they just came out, and saw some good deals on the 2012 models as they were clearing out inventory.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
950 people laid off this week at BestBuy and Futureshop. Might be a statement there about current market conditions and margins - no room for deals perhaps?

I was in some Futureshop and BestBuy stores this week. Lots of empty shelves.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2009
1948 posts
337 upvotes
NewsyL wrote: 950 people laid off this week at BestBuy and Futureshop. Might be a statement there about current market conditions and margins - no room for deals perhaps?

I was in some Futureshop and BestBuy stores this week. Lots of empty shelves.
Nah, It think those layoffs have more to do with their online sales. Which is why they're opening web stores in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
walker2238 wrote: Nah, It think those layoffs have more to do with their online sales. Which is why they're opening web stores in the future.
This is truly the sign of the times. Costco has done a pretty good job of handling this shift in consumer shopping habits. Not all items in the store are available online and visa versa. Online prices are usually more expensive than in-store because the delivery is factored in. However, at the end of the day, with their marketing strategy of most items are Cost + 10%, they still tend to be cheaper than the rest....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)