• Feb 3rd, 2014 11:53 am
Tags:
None
Oct 3, 2013
15 posts
1 upvote
GTA

Unauthorized Access + Distribution of Account & Personal Info

Not sure which form to put this in, but this might seem appropriate since it relates to the topic of unauthorized access to account, and distribution of personal information.

One of my relatives that I do not want to be in contact with and have been ignoring is good friends with one of the staff members at the registrars office at the university I am attending. Now she used her contacts with this staff member to make unauthorized access to my information, such as my personal information, including and not limited to my address (god forbid what else she knows).

There was a pretty big shocking surprise tonight, for just as I was about to go out, I saw the individual intrude inside my house (student house) from the backdoor. What do I do at this point, I know very well that it was her contact at my university's registrar office that released my current address to them, but might be slightly difficult to prove, but then of course there are phone records.

Im right now contemplating name changing, and maybe informing the police, anything advice anyone can suggest/also how to get university staff member to be disciplined for releasing unauthorized personal information?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
Turn the channel I saw that movie. It doesnt turn out well for that tennant. Go watch a comedy
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2204 posts
227 upvotes
You may get more responses by moving it to the Off Topic forum.

You have to go to the university if it's the university staff who is releasing the information. But it is going to be very hard to prove this.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1030 posts
247 upvotes
You can certainly file a complaint with the university (privacy office). I don't know what university you go to (I assume somewhere in Ontario), but the university I used to work at kept logs of everyone who accessed each account.

I would start with the privacy office and just let them know of what happened.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1617 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
File for a restraining order

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)