Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto

PS3 Emulator for the PC to play WWE 2K14

I would like to play WWE 2K14 and don't have a PS3 device. Are there any emulators that will allow me to buy this game and then use my PC to play it?

I have a i7 laptop with 8gigs ram and a 500 GB SSD.

thanks
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
At the top of a google search was this:
http://playstation3emulator.net/

So I guess such a thing exists? Didn't read too much about it other than you will need the blu-ray disc for the game or at least an image of it on your hard drive.

Note: I don't even know if a PS3 emulator actually exists or this is just some scam. So download it at your own risk.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
you might be able to find an emulator older ps but don't think there is one for ps3
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
i'm not even sure if pcsx2 have perfected their ps2 emulation yet...
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
I did a bit more reading for you and I would say this thing looks like a scam to me so I'd stay away.
Apparently they try to get you to do surveys and crap to give you the password to unrar the emulator...just some scammy way to make money off gullible people thinking there is an emulator.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the fast reply. I did see that link but instead of trying it I figured it would be easier to ask as I thought others would also like to know.

So the consensus is that I just have to buy a PS3 if I want to lay the smackdown huh? Any PS3 deals? :D
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
There is no ps3 emulation as far as I'm aware, like someone else said ps2 hasn't even been mastered still.

If there is you'd need one very beastly PC to run it smoothly, high specs are needed for ps2 and even then it's not stable.

On top of that you'd need to find the ps3 architecture separately for the emulator since it most certainly wouldn't be included with any emu (or whatever it's called for emulators I can't remember the lingo atm) which is highly illegal to download and would be next to impossible to find without being a fake/virus - if it's even openly out there at all.

You'd be much better of getting the PC versions of a game, wwe isn't on PC?
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
We're a long way out from a reliable PS3 emulator. The PS3's architecture is pretty unique, and fairly powerful. It's going to be really difficult and resource consuming to emulate.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm waiting on a PS3 emulator myself, I own a PS3 and an entire bookshelf of sealed RPGs waiting to be played, but I can't bring myself to play them on the PS3. I hate how my Wii games on Dolphin look better than my PS3 games. But I know we are years away from even getting an alpha release
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Jun 8, 2020
1 posts
its finally been long enough and such things are out and about. Xenia for a 360 emulator or RPCS3 for a ps3 emulator. you can play wwe 2k14 in the ps3 emulator but its got graphical bugs they are still ironing out. But if youd rather you can play wwe 13 on a gamecube emulator