Computers & Electronics

remorse after signing up with acanac help.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2014 2:24 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Feb 3, 2014
103 posts
7 upvotes
Halifax

remorse after signing up with acanac help.

I just signed up with acanac and chose the silver package which entitles 15 download but last night even after midnight (out of peak time) the speed i tested on speedtest.net was only giving me like 6 to 7 download. Did they amend the peak hours or is it still 7 to 12? Hate paying for all this throttling
7 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13939 posts
5437 upvotes
ask them to switch your profile to 15 mb
The sweetest gyal
Feb 1, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
If you are using wifi to test your internet speed, use Ethernet to test it directly first. If there is still a problem i would give them a call.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
craexus wrote: If you are using wifi to test your internet speed, use Ethernet to test it directly first. If there is still a problem i would give them a call.
go cable no headaches
Dec 27, 2007
231 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
DSL speed is very dependant on line quality, distance from CO, etc. Assuming your profile is set up correctly, you are probably getting the Max speed available on your line.

1) Make sure your profile is setup correctly. Email Acanac and they will confirm this for you.

2) Drop to a lower tier so at least you're not "paying for nothing"

3) Cancel for full refund if you're still in your first month.

4) Get on their cable service and you'll actually get advertised speed instead of "up to" your advertised speed.

Just to be clear, this is not an Acanac problem. You'd have the same with Bell, TSI, Start, etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
sryyz wrote: DSL speed is very dependant on line quality, distance from CO, etc. Assuming your profile is set up correctly, you are probably getting the Max speed available on your line.

1) Make sure your profile is setup correctly. Email Acanac and they will confirm this for you.

2) Drop to a lower tier so at least you're not "paying for nothing"

3) Cancel for full refund if you're still in your first month.

4) Get on their cable service and you'll actually get advertised speed instead of "up to" your advertised speed.

Just to be clear, this is not an Acanac problem. You'd have the same with Bell, TSI, Start, etc.
Good answer, just for 4), get someone else's cable service for a change