Computers & Electronics

I don't think these Duracell batteries are the real deal.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2014 4:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR

I don't think these Duracell batteries are the real deal.

Bought these batteries from a nearby depaneur close to work and looking more closely at the labeling and packaging I feel this could be fake. First thing is the batteries are made in china and not made in usa. I am going to bring it back and get my money back now.
16 replies
Dec 6, 2005
422 posts
83 upvotes
Batteries are a commodity that are very easy to counterfeit. so if the packaging feels cheap, they are probably fake.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Quite possibly. I got a 12-pack of Energizer alkaline batteries from XSCargo that were well within their expiry date, but they didn't last anything like regular Energizer alkalines. I'm pretty sure they were fake.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
Fake or just imported batteries not intended for the NA market?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Not every Duracell battery look the same. Other markets could still be using the older version of the packaging.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
2207 posts
1398 upvotes
Etobicoke
If you bought them at the Pacific mall...I would bet fake.
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
P&G a.k.a Duracell's offshore contractor, batteries will be made in China and are mainly for sale in Asia, Australia etc
Quality speaking they are produced under the same criteria so likely no difference, I actually think these will be better as they must have been darn picky about the factory in China (Corporate US BS)
Don't be childish OP
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
AlexJosh wrote: P&G a.k.a Duracell's offshore contractor, batteries will be made in China and are mainly for sale in Asia, Australia etc
Quality speaking they are produced under the same criteria so likely no difference, I actually think these will be better as they must have been darn picky about the factory in China (Corporate US BS)
Don't be childish OP
:lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
call Duracell and they can probably tell you if these are fakes or not. If not fakes i bet they will send you a coupon for new batteries.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
looks legit
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1782 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
I don't recall Duracell ever putting their stamp on the bottom of the battery.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
The Canterbury Tail wrote: I don't recall Duracell ever putting their stamp on the bottom of the battery.
Well maybe not the ones made and shipped to the NA market but other factories/countries are different.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
Blackmajik wrote: Well maybe not the ones made and shipped to the NA market but other factories/countries are different.
got my money back and bought some at futureshop.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)