Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2011
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Maximizing Tax Return

Hi,

I am 28 and working full-time, graduated from uni. 2 years ago. I am just wondering what are some other tax receipts I can use to maximize my tax return? I have finished university so I do not have any more tuition credits that I can use. I just have my T4 slip from employer, RRSP tax receipt, and interest on student loan receipt. Is there anything else I can claim?

If I have someone claiming ODSP in my family am I allowed to claim disability tax credit?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1155 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
Check out this article, namely the Deductions from income and Non-refundable tax credits sections. Stuff like public transit, moving expenses, employment expenses not claimed on T4, medical expenses, home/rental-related expenses may apply to you. Some tax preparation software will prompt you through questions to see if there is anything else you could claim.
Intricated
Oct 24, 2011
623 posts
180 upvotes
Timmins
"If I have someone claiming ODSP in my family am I allowed to claim disability tax credit? "

Just because someone is on ODSP doesn't mean they automatically have the disability tax credit; the qualifications are different for the two benefits. You could only have the disability tax credit transferred to you if that person were your spouse, your child, your overage dependent, and then it would be the balance after that person has used whatever he/she can use.