Computers & Electronics

Need Any Help I Can get building a gaming PC!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2014 10:40 am
Tags:
None
Nov 19, 2013
1 posts
Toronto, ON

Need Any Help I Can get building a gaming PC!

Title says it all. I want to build a gaming pc and everyone I've talked to about it says building it yourself is the best route to take. Budget 1000-1200. Open to any and all suggestions on all parts and specs and also any good sites for buying computer parts. Thanks alot appreciate any and all help!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
what all do you need? monitor? keyboard and mouse?

do you have access to an OS (win 7 or 8)or does that need to be included in the price and if so which do you prefer?

what type of games do you play? some type of games take higher video card performance than others.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2351 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton
$1-$2k is a massive budget, you can build a pretty great PC for that price, monitor and OS included.

If you don't feel like building it yourself there's also the option of paying NCIX to build and test it for you for $50, which isn't that terrible a price. You lose the satisfaction of building it yourself and the $50, but retain the advantage of picking out your own parts over buying a prebuilt.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
Skadefryd wrote: $1-$2k is a massive budget, you can build a pretty great PC for that price, monitor and OS included.

If you don't feel like building it yourself there's also the option of paying NCIX to build and test it for you for $50, which isn't that terrible a price. You lose the satisfaction of building it yourself and the $50, but retain the advantage of picking out your own parts over buying a prebuilt.
$1000 -$1200 is his budget not up to 2k. $2k you can buy an awesome machine.

Edit:
@ LEXX911 Wow i didn't know they had a Zalman Z5 plus - i like the Z5 but it didn't have usb3 so i passed it by. hopefully ncix will get it in soon since i hate driving into Richmond. anyways good pick imo.

I personally am not a fan of mini atx Mb's and if you want to upgrade your memory you would have to sell what you buy now and buy all new memory since there are only 2 slots. Not like your trying to make a mini system and cant afford a full atx board.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm thinking of getting a gaming PC this summer. Are there any promising new CPUs or graphics cards on the horizon, or should I stick with what is currently available?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Talamasca wrote: I'm thinking of getting a gaming PC this summer. Are there any promising new CPUs or graphics cards on the horizon, or should I stick with what is currently available?
There is ALWAYS new tech on the horizon.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Russell wrote: There is ALWAYS new tech on the horizon.
Any PROMISING new tech coming out in the next few months that will be worth considering?