• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2014 7:25 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes

Bell Internet goes up $5 starting June 1st

I just got a notice from my latest bill saying price will be $5 more starting June 1st, so much for the $45 forever deal that I got just 3 month ago :mad:
14 replies
Nov 20, 2013
4 posts
Brockville, ON
If you call and talk to them they'll lower the cost of anything you have with them. Just call and say I'd like to negotiate my Bell services. No threats, no rudeness. Whatever deal they give you is valid for one year. Our negotiation this year was better than lasts.
Mar 15, 2008
557 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
Teksavvy lowered my price by $5 recently. How nice of them.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
ADK154 wrote: If you call and talk to them they'll lower the cost of anything you have with them. Just call and say I'd like to negotiate my Bell services. No threats, no rudeness. Whatever deal they give you is valid for one year. Our negotiation this year was better than lasts.
They kept calling my folks after I canceled the home land line phone which was costing them $40+/month, just for local calling.

After a couple of weeks of calls they got down to $11.99 for just a bare bones basic land line but offer only valid for 12 months, but I still refused since the new VoIP line I got for my folks for $10/month forever included all call features + unlimited NA long distance.

Bell can go to hell.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
Cronzor wrote: Teksavvy lowered my price by $5 recently. How nice of them.
Lol true. And you get Bell's internet anyway. So glad I ditched B(H)ell 8 years ago.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Cancelled Internet with bell.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
Cronzor wrote: Teksavvy lowered my price by $5 recently. How nice of them.
Really??. They took away a $6 a month discount I had last year with no notice and I am still trying to get them to send me the copy of the notice they supposedly sent out a year ago. The discount was supposed to be as long as I was a customer. With the discount reomoved, I was paying the same for 6 mbps service (only getting 3) as 15 mbps service. Then they offered me $1 a month discount for referrals but only give me a $.94 discount and then ignored my complaints. Yes they are cheaper than Bell but they act very much like Bell and are not the Teksavvy of old.
Mar 15, 2008
557 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
What was that discount? They removed the referrals discount from you? Mine are still going.

The $0.94 is applied before the tax and ultimately gives you just over $1 off the final amount.

Sorry to hear about that though. I've had nothing but smooth sailing with them after an absolute nightmare of a time with Bell. I'm not sure I'd be prepared to group them together, though I'm not such a fanboy as to say they're infallible.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5654 posts
2168 upvotes
Screw Bell, and Rogers. Scammers!!! They promise credits and tell you to check the next bill. Maybe they're hoping you'll forget to check, because when you do check, there's a good chance the credit is not there and you have to waste more time to follow up.

I used to use Bell for home phone. It used to be like $30 something when I signed up. It magically became $45 + taxes before I knew it. I never even got letters that declared price increases. Now we switched to VoIP which is like $12 a month.

The only reason to use Bell/Rogers for internet is if you run a business or something and need the fast/reliable connection, or if you live in a condo where there's only one service provider. If you have a choice, PLEASE use Teksavvy. I've never had an issue with them and their prices are reasonable. I never needed super high speeds. Even on Teksavvy's lower end packages, it's good enough for videos and whatever.
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
No changes here, I had my business internet 6 month promotion extended again for another 4 months (total 9 months so far) at $59 unlimited + phone. Residential internet is such a scam these days.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
95thRifles wrote: No changes here, I had my business internet 6 month promotion extended again for another 4 months (total 9 months so far) at $59 unlimited + phone. Residential internet is such a scam these days.
So are you going out of business next month?
Cause if not, you too will also likely be posting a bell complain thread soon.

LOL
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
Can anyone please tell how/where to buy and setup the VoIP home-phone service?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)