• Apr 25th, 2014 6:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2014
1044 posts
551 upvotes

Visa with US Billing Address?

Hi there, is there any way to get a VISA with a US Billing Address?

pre-loaded or something?

dont mind travelling to do this.

thanks.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2564 posts
992 upvotes
RBC Bank. You can set it up here, then change the address to one in the US after you have the card, if you want.
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5147 posts
5846 upvotes
Montreal
For TD Visa, you can call them and add a second address which is US address so you will have both Canadian and US address on the same card.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2014
1044 posts
551 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestions! sounds like I might be getting my Hulu Plus, Spotify, Aereo sooner than later! Thank you Unblock-us!!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
X360 wrote: For TD Visa, you can call them and add a second address which is US address so you will have both Canadian and US address on the same card.
+1 - This works with Chase/Amazon.ca Visa as well :)
Sep 1, 2005
461 posts
637 upvotes
Vancouver
X360 wrote: For TD Visa, you can call them and add a second address which is US address so you will have both Canadian and US address on the same card.
I have this on my RBC card as well
Jun 21, 2012
130 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg
Does this mean that you can apply for Credit Cards in the States (but your permanent residence is in Canada)??
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
paul29m wrote: Thanks for the suggestions! sounds like I might be getting my Hulu Plus, Spotify, Aereo sooner than later! Thank you Unblock-us!!
Hi OP,

I use www.entropay.com to fund my Hulu Plus subscription. Its a U.S. Virtual Visa Credit card. they charge 5% when you top up, but it works great. You can put in any bililng address on the merchant website (Hulu Plus, etc.), and Entropay will accept it.

this might be an easier solution, then signing up with a U.S. Card by TD Bank or any other Canadian Bank as suggested by others this thread. There is also a good chance that Hulu Plus, etc. may detect that the credit card issuer is in Canada when setting up those subscriptions and reject the transaction.

Amazon does this now with their Prime Instant Video purchases. They now Block all payments from a credit card issuer not based in the U.S., even if the credit card is a USD Credit Card.

djino
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5147 posts
5846 upvotes
Montreal
paul29m wrote: Thanks for the suggestions! sounds like I might be getting my Hulu Plus, Spotify, Aereo sooner than later! Thank you Unblock-us!!
For Hulu Plus, you can use your Canadian credit card + Canadian address but you have to transform your Postal Code to valid US zipcode

free-netflix-hulu-plus-one-year-sony-tv ... st18041833
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
X360 wrote: For Hulu Plus, you can use your Canadian credit card + Canadian address but you have to transform your Postal Code to valid US zipcode

free-netflix-hulu-plus-one-year-sony-tv ... st18041833
That process doesn't work anymore (at least it didn't work for my MBNA Mastercard. I read about a few tricks to get it working with Hulu Plus, but none worked as I believe those steps are now outdated.

djino

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)