Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON

McDonalds No Email?

How in the year 2014 does McDonalds not accept feedback via email? Yes you can fill out a feedback form for a specific receipt but no general feedback via email? Has to be deliberate.
13 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Of course it is. Every mad idiot and their brother will write a 3min ***** -o-gram to get a free burger which is of no use to them.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I don't want anything free I just want to tell them about bad experiences I've had but never keep their receipts.
Aug 22, 2010
908 posts
86 upvotes
If you're talking about the survey, they go straight to the Managers of that location anyways. If the District Manager wants to, they can read them as well, but they don't
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
Guncho wrote: I don't want anything free I just want to tell them about bad experiences I've had but never keep their receipts.
why dont you take it up with store manager?
bad service at McD? common man you serious?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I don't want to talk to a live person. It's more, "I've eaten at a lot of McDonald's and this is one is awful." kind of thing.

It's not about a specific incident on a specific date.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
Guncho wrote: I don't want to talk to a live person. It's more, "I've eaten at a lot of McDonald's and this is one is awful." kind of thing.

Well. Fill us in. Too much salt on fries, coffee too hot, servers rude?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Guncho wrote: How in the year 2014 does McDonalds not accept feedback via email? Yes you can fill out a feedback form for a specific receipt but no general feedback via email? Has to be deliberate.
Go to We'd be Happy to Hear from You.
1. Call one of the phone numbers listed, preferably (416) 443-1000, and ask for the e-mail address John Betts, President and CEO or one of his executive assistants.
-or-
2. Send a fax to (416) 446-3443 addressed to John Betts, President and CEO. If you don't have a fax machine there are web sites that will fax a message for you. Google is your friend.
-or-
3. Call the Media Relations team at 1-877-786-3342

Tell them how hard it is to reach McD's management to provide constructive feedback. Then give them that constructive feedback. Emphasize your altruism and lack of interest in a free lunch.

Any of the above should take less time than bitching about it here ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7136 posts
3738 upvotes
Montreal
Guncho wrote: I don't want to talk to a live person. It's more, "I've eaten at a lot of McDonald's and this is one is awful." kind of thing.

You want to voice a complaint but you'd prefer throw it blindly at a generic email address rather than speak with a live person? Why bother?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Sorry it just really surprises me that a large corporation in 2014 has no way to contact them via email with feedback that does not pertain to one exact meal.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I agree. But rather than "whine" about it here, where nothing will happen to change that situation, I prefer to "whine" about it with someone at the corporation who's in a position to change it. That's why I gave you to get contact info for the bossman.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
601 upvotes
North of Toronto
Guncho wrote: Sorry it just really surprises me that a large corporation in 2014 has no way to contact them via email with feedback that does not pertain to one exact meal.
Chances are they will respond through facebook/twitter.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3185 upvotes
Most will respond to twitter/faceboook, mcdonalds doesn't last time i looked
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini