Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC

Looking For Produce in Burnaby

I'm looking for suggestions for a produce place in the Burnaby area that has good prices. I usually live I the Duncan, BC area and shop at Old Farm Market or Russell Farms. I will be living in Burnaby for about six months and I'm looking for something similar.

I went to Kin's on the weekend and I was startled by the prices. The cheapest apples were $1.29/lb. I usually buy apples between $0.49 - $0.89/lb. Garlic was $4.99/lb. I usually buy it between $0.88 - $1.49. Lettuces were $1.50 - $2.00. I usually pay $0.49 - $0.99.

I will be back in the Duncan area this weekend, so I will stock up for the next couple of weeks, but I want to find a good produce market in the Burnaby area.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I'd be interested too.
Right now I'm driving into Surrey because Two EE's has dirt cheap produce that's awesome.
I regularly buy cases of stuff from them for peanuts. Plus they grow their own herbs that are equally cheap.
Dec 22, 2004
72 posts
16 upvotes
You should try Langley Farm Market on Kingsway @ 12 ave. It's pretty far on the South-East side of Burnaby but it has cheaper prices and the produce is much better quality compared to the bigger chain stores. I don't think you'll be able to find comparable pricing as you have in Duncan, but LFM seems to have the best price/quality, at least in the Edmonds area.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Thanks for the tip for Langley Farm Market. At first I thought you had me going into 12th and Kingsway in Vancouver. But 12th and Kingsway in Burnaby is much closer.

The reviews look good, although I don't think I will be buying pork blood as I saw in one of the reviews. :)
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Hey I've been there!
I wanted some tongue to shove into my immersion circulator and didn't want to go visit an Asian market. Short ribs too.
They had both. I was happy.
I couldn't find herbs though which made me sad. I didn't take note of the fruit prices though. I may have to look again when I get a 2nd tongue.
Dec 27, 2005
204 posts
35 upvotes
There's also a farmer's market at Burnaby City Hall every Saturday 9 - 2.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
try pricesmart , apples cost 99 cents usually per lb.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)