Tags:
None
Dec 23, 2008
915 posts
121 upvotes
Guelph

ClearlyContacts Experience?

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of ordering from ClearlyContacts for glasses. I have strong prescription (-5.25 with no astigmatism).

I am a little hesitant since I read some reviews of people that they got lenses that did not match their prescription!

I was wondering what is your guys experience?
18 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered glasses from them a while back and they were perfectly accurate (and only $20 with the promo I used). The only real trouble was that I couldn't try them on beforehand and had to use a best guess based on the similarity of my face to their model. I'd do it again if I was able to verify the fit.
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
Piro21 wrote: I ordered glasses from them a while back and they were perfectly accurate (and only $20 with the promo I used). The only real trouble was that I couldn't try them on beforehand and had to use a best guess based on the similarity of my face to their model. I'd do it again if I was able to verify the fit.
Hi,
I think you can upload your face picture and try with it on the website. I have tried it, look very nice feature.
Banned
Nov 12, 2003
1821 posts
192 upvotes
My gf got a pair last year; she is very happy with the quality although she is not a very discriminating shopper in the field of glasses. That is not to say the glasses are not of high quality, they may very well be, but she wouldn't know the difference.

Three years ago we had ordered her first pair from CC; she did not like the way they fit and they were returned (postage paid by CC) and replaced no charge; she was very happy with what she got.
Sep 2, 2007
105 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered about 5 times from them now and between value and delivery time (2 days tops), I can also confirm that CC has been a great experience for me.
Dec 23, 2008
915 posts
121 upvotes
Guelph
tupler wrote: Ordered about 5 times from them now and between value and delivery time (2 days tops), I can also confirm that CC has been a great experience for me.
Thanks, if you don't mind me asking was your prescription high?
Aug 4, 2003
223 posts
49 upvotes
Great experiences. I remember one getting a pair of glasses that wasn't straight. I was able to talk to someone at 1am and get a label to get an exchange.
Nov 16, 2003
450 posts
63 upvotes
Cornwall
Nothing but good experience with them. I've ordered premium frame (w/ transition lenses), free pair glasses, contacts, all no problems. As for ordering something and not liking it, I had ordered a pair with sunglass tint, when they arrived they were a bit smaller and not nearly dark enough for what I wanted. Used the form to get a return label, shipped them out and like a day after they received them they refunded me no questions asked.
Sep 2, 2007
105 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
newgame99 wrote: Thanks, if you don't mind me asking was your prescription high?
-4.0 on left eye, -3.75 on right eye

If you end up not liking it, you can return it within a year at no cost - they send you a box to return it in.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
every time ive ordered from coastal.com it comes to be cheaper than clearlycontacts. so i dont know why people order from clearlycontacts (their canadian site)
Jan 11, 2013
12 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
I've been getting my contact lenses from there for a couple years now, quick shipping decent prices, overall good experience
Sep 5, 2004
298 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
My daughter's Rx (-6.00) is higher than yours & she has several pairs from ClearlyContacts (promos & regular purchases). She has loved every pair she has ordered.
Jan 22, 2007
244 posts
255 upvotes
Clearlycontacts now has Try Before You Buy: http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/imagereso ... uy-CA.html

You get 15 days free to try out your glasses. You'd know right away if the prescription was wonky. They send you a prepaid label to mail them back for free if you don't like them.

Protip: Call their 1-800-number to order. Ask if they have any promos. YMMV, but they usually offer me better promos than you can find on *********** or the like. Ie. Last time they offered 15% off and free shipping just because I asked.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
cc thumbs up...you need coupons and promo codes for cc...then the price becomes killer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5969 posts
2754 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
vorthex wrote: every time ive ordered from coastal.com it comes to be cheaper than clearlycontacts. so i dont know why people order from clearlycontacts (their canadian site)
Lycor wrote: Clearlycontacts now has Try Before You Buy: http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/imagereso ... uy-CA.html

You get 15 days free to try out your glasses. You'd know right away if the prescription was wonky. They send you a prepaid label to mail them back for free if you don't like them.

Protip: Call their 1-800-number to order. Ask if they have any promos. YMMV, but they usually offer me better promos than you can find on *********** or the like. Ie. Last time they offered 15% off and free shipping just because I asked.
cardguy wrote: cc thumbs up...you need coupons and promo codes for cc...then the price becomes killer
I ordered a few years ago through Coastal when the price was about $5.50 or $6 a pair. They had those deals all the time on clearance frames. That included the frames, the high index lens (not the regular ones) and the scratch and UV and anti-glare coatings. They shipped from ClearlyContacts in Vancouver. I'd like to get that sort of deal again but I doubt that will happen now that Clearly was bought out by a big eyeglass conglomerate.

A pair like that at Clearly would run $160 now less any discount. If the discount is only 15% now that would be $127.50.

I'll likely buy my next pair from Zenni's. They seem to have good reviews here.
Aug 23, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Great! I ordered a pair of free glasses and I just paid for shipping - they cost me something like $14. Good quality, accurate prescription. I've also done price-matching before with clearlycontacts (because visiondirect.com was much cheaper for my contact lenses) and the customer service is fantastic!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)