• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2014 4:44 pm
Jun 18, 2009
138 posts
19 upvotes

Looking for boxstore that carries "Furnace blower motor"

Hey Guys,
Any suggestions?
My furnace motor gave up and am looking to replace it. technician said 400+.
Looked online US-amazon has it for ~80$ but i need instore in GTA, any recommendations where to get from.

Homedepot, lowes website search are useless; will try in-store in evening once to see if they carry it by chance.

Any other shops recommended?
10 replies
Feb 19, 2012
23 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
sat981 wrote: Hey Guys,
Any suggestions?
Looked online US-amazon has it for ~80$ but i need instore in GTA, any recommendations where to get from.

Homedepot, lowes website search are useless; will try in-store in evening once to see if they carry it by chance.

No big box store will carry it. You need a HVAC store such as Noble
Jun 18, 2009
138 posts
19 upvotes
Saver911 wrote: No big box store will carry it. You need a HVAC store such as Noble
Thanks, this looks promising. Never knew of them before.
I will visit instore and check the prices.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
sat981 wrote: Thanks, this looks promising. Never knew of them before.
I will visit instore and check the prices.
they might not sell to your directly but give it a try.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
722 upvotes
Shhanada
sat981 wrote: Hey Guys,
Any suggestions?

You won't find it at a common box store, you need a place that carries HVAC supplies or electric motors. I would second Ottomaddox with AMRE supply, or check with any of the local electric motor shops.

Something to be careful about is the $400 price probably included the motor and housing and any unexpected issues that can arise, whereas the $80 was probably for a bare bones motor.

The barebones motor might need special work like removing and replacing it from bearings, housings, wiring, etc, things that not every home DIY person can do.

You also are taking a bit of a chance that the actual problem is something different than just a burned out motor. It could be other things like the control board or capacitor. Probably it's the motor, but still taking a bit of a chance. Again that's where a local motor shop could help by testing the old one for you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
SurplusPlus wrote: Something to be careful about is the $400 price probably included the motor and housing and any unexpected issues that can arise, whereas the $80 was probably for a bare bones motor.
It's probably $200 in labour and 100% of markup on the price of the motor, and then HST on top of that.
Jul 20, 2012
783 posts
345 upvotes
Guelph
You can try Bill's Electric 416-239-2227 or Bert Thomas Motors 416-746-3200

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)