Personal Finance

What are some of the best instant travel rewards credit card?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2014 7:47 am
Tags:
None
Aug 27, 2010
606 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto

I would like to try a new credit card ;)

Thank you in advance
4 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
greenbaido wrote: What are some of the best instant travel rewards credit card?
I would like to try a new credit card ;)

Thank you in advance
What do you mean by instant?

There are cards you sign up for the welcome bonus only and not use much
Amex Gold / Aeroplan Gold , TD Aeroplan or CIBC Aerogold or BMO world elite when first year free, Scotia Amex

There are cards one can keep for low cost
Capital one Aspire travel, TD travel first class infinite
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
You'll find 15,000-25,000 Aeroplan point offers easy, of course restricted to Aeroplan bookings.. through TD or Amex. Amex are hybrid cards where the 25,000 can equal $250 cash back for travel purchases but in this case, the Aeroplan miles may be worth more. The cards are *okay* to use. Annual fees applicable.

Capital One is offering $350 credit towards travel, $120 annual fee, not waived in first year. $75 cash back rebate if you know where to look. Easy to use card for everyday shopping, straight 2% towards travel purchases. Redemptions can be difficult with a tiering system and no partial redemptions (can't put $600 towards a $1900 ticket without splitting it first).

Scotiabank is offering $300 bonus for its Gold Amex card, annual fee is $99, not waived in first year. Great card though, imo better than the Amex-issued cards, 4% back on gas, groceries, entertainment and dining. Redemptions are super easy and can be done on any travel purchase, partial redemptions are allowed.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4191 posts
5294 upvotes
on the links!
lhsonic wrote: Scotiabank is offering $300 bonus for its Gold Amex card, annual fee is $99, not waived in first year. Great card though, imo better than the Amex-issued cards, 4% back on gas, groceries, entertainment and dining. Redemptions are super easy and can be done on any travel purchase, partial redemptions are allowed.
I just got both the Scotia Gold Amex and the Amex Gold Rewards cards within the past month. I agree with you assessment about the Scotia card, as I'm racking up the gas/grocery points.

But I find it a tad bit ironic that even though Scotia advertises it as a "travel rewards" card, any travel purchases don't earn 4%. So when I'm on vacation next month, I'll end up using the Amex Gold Rewards card to pay for my lodgings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)