Shopping Discussion

Should I call RCSS head office to complain???

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2014 1:32 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2009
135 posts
18 upvotes
Saskatoon

Should I call RCSS head office to complain???

Just now I went to RCSS saskatoon on 8th st, I saw a 50% off infant carseat(there is an pink 50%off stick on the box), there were 2 sitting there, so I got one, when I check out, the casher questioned me, is it really 50% off? I thought she also want one, so I told her happily, yes, there is another one there if you want. and then she called someone and asked him to check whether its really 50%, seemed she didn't believe its 50%, and she told me, there were problems on these kind of 50% off stuff, blah blah.....

Anyway I felt insulted by her, should I complain or its just I am too sensitive?
48 replies
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I have never seen really large items with those pink %-off stickers...usually it's the other departments like produce, meat and deli. I remember when I worked as a cashier, there were customers who deliberately took clearance stickers off stuff and put it on whatever they were buying. Once, this woman had a $2 price sticker on a jumbo sized box of Tide! When in doubt, I always got someone to check. I guess it was a few bad apples who spoiled it for the rest of us.
Jul 1, 2009
531 posts
430 upvotes
Calgary
What did they say when you called the store?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Unless she was rude to you or something but simply not believing your story shows she is just doing her job and head office would likely feel the same so don't waste your time.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
Someone mentioned this in another thread recently, and somebody who works there explained that the computers know which items might be stickered, so if a cashier tried to discount an item that wasn't recognized, it would trigger an error message. The stickers themselves are designed to break into pieces if you try to peel them off, but I have seen cases where the store employee applying the stickers was careless and didn't bother to make sure they were stuck flat, and these could be peeled off and placed on a different item.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
The cashier was just doing her job. You got your item and there was no big fuss - move along. Nobody cares.
makaturing wrote: Someone mentioned this in another thread recently, and somebody who works there explained that the computers know which items might be stickered, so if a cashier tried to discount an item that wasn't recognized, it would trigger an error message.
I can confirm this is not true.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2570 posts
461 upvotes
I think you shouldn't take it personally.

It's pretty clear that there must be some people abusing those 50% off stickers. I've bought many things with them in the past, but just recently for the first time, a cashier took a permanent marker to the sticker when ringing the item up. I would have to assume that there have been cheapskates (or more appropriately, fraudsters) that have taken the stickers and tried to re-use them on any other product of their choosing.

For all the clerk knew, maybe someone else had tried to do this with the car seat, but then didn't end up going through with it.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
Awjvail wrote: I can confirm this is not true.
What's not true? Are you saying the cashiers/computers do not know which items might be stickered? And how do you come by this information? Do you work there?
Aug 4, 2014
491 posts
53 upvotes
North of GTA
amybear wrote: Just now I went to RCSS saskatoon on 8th st, I saw a 50% off infant carseat(there is an pink 50%off stick on the box), there were 2 sitting there, so I got one, when I check out, the casher questioned me, is it really 50% off? I thought she also want one, so I told her happily, yes, there is another one there if you want. and then she called someone and asked him to check whether its really 50%, seemed she didn't believe its 50%, and she told me, there were problems on these kind of 50% off stuff, blah blah.....

Anyway I felt insulted by her, should I complain or its just I am too sensitive?
There are things to complain about at the Superstore, but this is not one of them. This cashier sounds like she has common sense. Does she still have common sense when it is in the customers favour? There used to be cashiers at superstore who did not know their tomatoes. I would buy the tomatoes that happened to be on sale and when I left the cash, I looked at my receipt and found out I was charged whatever was the most priciest that day. I would get some money back at customer service. I suggested to Superstore that they have a meeting in produce section with all these cashiers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
Why whine over this? What would you complain about? It's good she verified you weren't a scammer putting stickers on wrong items.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
You're being too sensitive. I don't think she was accusing you of trying to scam them. It was unusual and was just checking to ensure the sticker wasn't put on them by mistake.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
WalMart, Target and seemingly every other store has no problem coding their POS system to automatically reduce clearance products like a carseat.

Just saying...
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
amybear wrote: Anyway I felt insulted by her, should I complain or its just I am too sensitive?
What did your mum say when you asked her to hug you better?

You are looking for fault where there is none. Instead of blaming the cashier for asking perfectly valid questions, you should blame the people who put the discount stickers onto items so they can improperly get them at a discounted rate.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
1. RCSS' head office is Lolo-blahs

2. Lolo-blahs should give that cashier a raise based on your feedback.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Jul 1, 2009
531 posts
430 upvotes
Calgary
makaturing wrote: What's not true? Are you saying the cashiers/computers do not know which items might be stickered? And how do you come by this information? Do you work there?
I work there and it's definitely not true
Oct 26, 2010
918 posts
1312 upvotes
Was the cashier questioning you in a skeptical tone or just a concerned tone? It makes a huge difference when it comes to accusing someone of fraud or just verifying the price accuracy.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Do you want her fired ?! What's your issue you got the item get on with your life. I swear people these days are so sensitive
Nov 15, 2009
135 posts
18 upvotes
Saskatoon
Thanks for all the people replying here.

First, I was not born in Canada, I may misunderstand the culture here, thats why I asked here before I do anything unreasonable.

I just felt insulted, because There was a big red stick on the box showing 50%off, stick had no scrath and stick tightly plus there were two more car seat with this stick on over there, pls see the photo I attached. If she questioned me, in my culture, it means she thought I put the stick on it myself, its like I was suspected a cheater in front of other customers,thats ambrassing.

And Thank your guys helping me understanding this situation, I might be too sensitive about this, because I never thought of there are people would switch the stick themselves, its not a very expensive carseat, 75 after discount. At first she didn't ask whether I have a pc plus card, she saw the big pink stick on her first sight of my cart, and asked me whether its really 50%off, after I said yes, she start to asking people to check the price and proceeding check out, after all product checked out, I gave her my pc card, I just thought I scanned my pc plus card, so they have enough infomation to track me down if i was cheating on any purchase.

I think if she nicely asked Oh, you got a good deal on this car seat, but there were some problems on these big discount sticks, may I ask someone to verify first? I would happily wait and see whether there is problem on my case.

And I thought there are better ways to track or prevent people cheating on purchase, but assuming a customer cheating in the begining is not that comfortable. its similar to they ask to check your personal bag when u walk out of the store.

Target had big discount on more expensive stuff, but they put the discounted price in their computer system, when scan, the price is discounted, no matter whether there is a physical stick, I don't know why RCSS, such a big company can't make people's life easier.

anyway , I will write this on the receipt survey, hope they do better job in future.

Once again, there is thief in this world, but not all the people are supposed to be suspected thief.[IMG]http://s30.postimg.org/eu4ee1cb5/IMAG2676.jpg[/IMG]

the manufacture date is 2012 July