• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2014 1:01 am
Tags:
None
Aug 29, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes

Amazon.com shipping to Canada?

I'm new to all this online shopping stuff and I can say, it is really addicting :lol:

I was looking at this item on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Unisex-Un ... ack+beanie

I really want this and was wondering what the total cost would be as I'm not sure if duty is included.

8.99 - for the beanie
5.99 - for shipping?
and I'm not sure with the duty.

Also, do they ship to your door or does Canada Post deliver it to your mailbox? Thanks guys.
9 replies
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
This order is not fulfilled by amazon but rather a third party. Which means that brokerage and fees are not prepaid and will vary depending on the shipping method used and value/nature of the item as declared by the shipper.

[QUOTE]
Items: $8.99
Shipping & handling: $5.99
Total before tax: $14.98
Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00
Order total: $14.98
[/QUOTE]
If they ship using USPS (which is passed through to Canada Post) there is next to zero chance for this order to be charged duty for such a low value.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
aasoror wrote: This order is not fulfilled by amazon but rather a third party. Which means that brokerage and fees are not prepaid and will vary depending on the shipping method used and value/nature of the item as declared by the shipper.

If they ship using USPS (which is passed through to Canada Post) there is next to zero chance for this order to be charged duty for such a low value.
+1, you must be very careful on Amazon.com and look for items that actually ship from Amazon's warehouse. Amazon includes everything up front so you have zero surprises at the door.

This one does NOT ship from Amazon's warehouse, but it's under the $20 customs limit, so you won't receive any duty/tax surprise at the door.
If it's not USPS, you might still be hit by brokerage charges.
- casual gastronomist -
Aug 29, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Gave thanks to you guys both! Appreciate the help! :)

Also, since it isn't shipped from their warehouse, is it hard to say where it will be delivered (to my house or mailbox)? Just a little curious about that.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
OhCanada10 wrote: Also, since it isn't shipped from their warehouse, is it hard to say where it will be delivered (to my house or mailbox)? Just a little curious about that.
Um. I expect they will deliver it to whatever shipping address you specify. If it's by courier, they will probably be looking for a signature so it won't be dropped off.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
I've also noticed this trend in recent months, but no worries from me. It was a really hard sell for Amazon.ca to argue people should pay for their premium shipping services when everything would always arrive in 2 days when I placed a free shipping order in the GTA.

My last order was kind of crappy though, as I didn't get one of two items for 10 days, and it still sent "preparing for shipment" on its status at that time. So I called Amazon on a Friday night, and they apologized as the item was apparently stuck in some limbo status that the agent removed, and he put it on a priority shipment with UPS then so I got it Monday afternoon. So I'm still quite happy with Amazon overall.

EDIT: Oops. Epic fail on reading comprehension from me, as I thought this post was about Amazon.ca orders based on some of the posts. Should have read the title more carefully and sorry.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
aliikram wrote: I've also noticed this trend in recent months, but no worries from me. It was a really hard sell for Amazon.ca to argue people should pay for their premium shipping services when everything would always arrive in 2 days when I placed a free shipping order in the GTA.

My last order was kind of crappy though, as I didn't get one of two items for 10 days, and it still sent "preparing for shipment" on its status at that time. So I called Amazon on a Friday night, and they apologized as the item was apparently stuck in some limbo status that the agent removed, and he put it on a priority shipment with UPS then so I got it Monday afternoon. So I'm still quite happy with Amazon overall.

EDIT: Oops. Epic fail on reading comprehension from me, as I thought this post was about Amazon.ca orders based on some of the posts. Should have read the title more carefully and sorry.
Haha. :lol: Please join the lively debate in this thread: Amazon Shipping worse?
- casual gastronomist -
Jan 7, 2015
657 posts
535 upvotes
GVR
Planning to place a $50 Amazon.com order. I need to pay like $6 in import fees at checkout. Any idea if there may be a chance of duty when the package arrives?

edit: all items sold by Amazon.com
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
CornPops wrote: Planning to place a $50 Amazon.com order. I need to pay like $6 in import fees at checkout. Any idea if there may be a chance of duty when the package arrives?

edit: all items sold by Amazon.com
Zero chance.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
That beanie is 100% acrylic. It will start looking downhill after the first wash, and will pill. Is all this shipping hassle worth it in the end?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)