None
Jul 4, 2005
778 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario

Ooma

Has anyone had experience with Ooma?
http://ca.ooma.com/

I'm drawn to it because it sounds easy to set up.

My cable internet connection...
10Mbps download
2Mbps upload
80 GB
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
1170 posts
242 upvotes
i have it, works perfectly. best voip i've used in sometime
Dec 25, 2002
660 posts
229 upvotes
I have had it for about 18 months and have had zero issues. I did prefer the premier service (which we had for a year) but not enough to continue paying extra for it. Quality has always been excellent for us.

Kelly
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1829 posts
311 upvotes
Mississauga
+1 for me also. Had it 9 months. Very, very occasional get dropped. Otherwise no complaints. Went with the premium package. Loads of extras at no extra cost.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
weve had it for about a yr. at first there was quite a "lag"..so i called cogeco & they replaced our modem, now its fine. we pay $14- a month but that is b/c i have call block (which i love).
i bought the Ooma on sale for $99- at costco.ca

with cogeco we use to pay $40- a month for a land line.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
Had mine since January, very happy on basic package. May pony up to get call blocking and some other features. Don't miss Rogers at all, especially the $40 monthly bill.
Jul 4, 2005
778 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks for the replies!

Has anyone discovered any limitations with their service?
(eg. numbers that you can't call, collect calls, etc.,)

Also...
When a call comes in, I need both the name and number of the caller to display on my phone.
However, when I look at each Ooma package available, it uses two different terms?
Basic Service > Caller ID
Premier Service > Caller Name
Jan 17, 2013
459 posts
81 upvotes
Sarnia
Love mine... with the basic service you only get the phone number showing up.. With Premier service you get name and number. The premier service is well worth it for the call blocking and other numerous features like the 2nd phone number included.. I have a second phone number set up in New York so friends there can call me toll free. With the bluetooth adapter and Ooma app apparently you can even make outgoing calls from an Ipad as a speaker phone.. I haven't tried it though
Jan 14, 2007
668 posts
281 upvotes
GTA North
Have had it since Feb 2014. Love it. Number port was quick (7 days from when I asked to port from Bell). $3.95 a month. Did online chat and asked about premier and they offered the upgrade, 14 months of Premier and free number port for $99. And there is no tax! Free Canada & US wide long distance.

The Ooma app for apple is great and free. Free phone wherever you have wifi. Use this on our Ipad which does not have cell. Call from hotels on wifi in Montreal, Florida, etc. The app for andriod is $10 and not Ooma (afaik) so haven't tried it and review are not good.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5731 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Oprah!
--------------------------------------------------------------
HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
something wierd happened today. the hospital called my home & left a message. my phone never rang, nore was the number on call display . the only way i found out was looking at my on-line Ooma account & listening to the voice mail.

why didnt i get the call?

PS..the calling name was restricted.

I also get this feature... But still,,,,shouldnt the # have been on my home phone call display?

Forwarding and notifications allows you to setup your Ooma system to send a notification or copy of the voicemail message to your email.
Aug 16, 2007
944 posts
136 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sonic wrote: something wierd happened today. the hospital called my home & left a message. my phone never rang, nore was the number on call display . the only way i found out was looking at my on-line Ooma account & listening to the voice mail.

why didnt i get the call?

PS..the calling name was restricted.

I also get this feature... But still,,,,shouldnt the # have been on my home phone call display?

Forwarding and notifications allows you to setup your Ooma system to send a notification or copy of the voicemail message to your email.
I believe unknown and restricted numbers are blocked by default. Check your ooma settings. I had the same problem.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
was just in "preferences...but cant figure it out........ ;-(
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton

thank you!
we have 3 handsets in the house. the main box in the basement. i dont know how to listen to voicemail from the handset (without going to the main box)....it says i need an access code. guess i need to read up on that.

nevermind...i figured it out. http://ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=112

;-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)