Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1357 posts
1283 upvotes
Toronto

Bestbuy Greeters question

I have a quick question. When I go in to BB or Walmart I know you are suppose to let the greeter tag your stuff you bring in. But when I finish shopping do I have to wait until the Greeter looks at my receipt to leave? Reason I'm asking was I bought a card and was about to leave the guy quickly side stepped and did like the British guard pose to face me. I was like huh what?? and I walked out. I didn't think much about it and a hour later, I'm like ohhhh what if he has to look at the receipt for me to leave? But don't they have those detectors for theft?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
they usely just wave u by unless the beeper goes off.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1357 posts
1283 upvotes
Toronto
AH I see, I haven't been to BB forever. I thought it was like Walmart, you tag your stuff, pay and leave. Didn't know there were extra steps. No wonder he was doing the British pose between the doors aha.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3867 upvotes
Nowhere
I just walk right past them. It really bugs me at BB when I just paid a few feet away from them and then they want to stop me again at the door. I definitely do not stop when I am going into a store. It drive me nuts when Walmart sticks those stickers on your plastic bag and ruins it.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
The BB greeter is the guy working the security desk. Most of the time they give me a polite hello when I walk in. When I leave with a purchased item, I'll usually just wave the receipt at them and they'll tell me to have a good day. On occasion they'll check it, honestly it doesn't bother me at all because it literally amounts to all of 5 seconds for them to do this and they're just doing their jobs.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Jun 3, 2013
381 posts
93 upvotes
They always check the receipt. Never really cared. I show them the receipt and leave. Does it really matter. It literally takes one second.

Probably deters some people from stealing which is the whole point. Remember not everyone is honest.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Winkle wrote: The BB greeter is the guy working the security desk. Most of the time they give me a polite hello when I walk in. When I leave with a purchased item, I'll usually just wave the receipt at them and they'll tell me to have a good day.
They're actually polite?

All I've gotten in the past from the greeter was "sup brah" and "latez yo"
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3867 upvotes
Nowhere
One BB I went to the guy wrote all over the receipt making a mess of it. It was an issue because I needed that receipt for a mail in rebate, not to mention if I ever had a warranty claim. After that experience, I stopped stopping for them.
Jul 1, 2009
531 posts
430 upvotes
Calgary
Cheap Cat wrote: One BB I went to the guy wrote all over the receipt making a mess of it. It was an issue because I needed that receipt for a mail in rebate, not to mention if I ever had a warranty claim. After that experience, I stopped stopping for them.
Talk about sensitive
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I've never been asked to show a receipt at Best Buy...is this a new policy?
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: I've never been asked to show a receipt at Best Buy...is this a new policy?
+1

First time I'm hearing of this
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1605 posts
691 upvotes
Calgary
Mars2012 wrote: I've never been asked to show a receipt at Best Buy...is this a new policy?
Depends on what you're walking out with. That being said, they can't actually stop you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
I get stopped every time I legitimately purchase something with a new best buy bag I didn't walk in with.. If I browse for an hr with a backpack they don't stop me.. Go figure
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Calling them greeters is a stretch. I would call them 'lazy bums leaning over a desk'.

I usually don't have time for that garbage. At Costco I signed a contract saying I would let someone inspect my purchases on the way out. Until BB and Walmart make me sign the same document they can KMA. They can't stop you, they can't detain you without cause...they're basically as useless as a 3rd nipple on a bull. They're probably just there to flex their muscle and intimidate would-be kleptos...although the geriatrics at walmart have more flab than muscle to flex.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)