Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1136 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga

Interac Flash Released for CIBC - Nov 17

FYI -- for those who have continually asked or wondered.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
Does that mean pcf is getting it too? Since pcf banking services are provided by cibc
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1136 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
I doubt it. I don't think PCF offers the VISA Debit yet, correct?
Oct 14, 2012
954 posts
728 upvotes
Woodstock
@BlueBellRose Don't count on it. You can't deposit a cheque by photo at PCF yet but you can at CIBC.

UPDATE mid-November: actually now you can deposit a cheque with a photo to PCF!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1136 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
Released today -- and should be available at all branches if you're wanting to get it exchanged immediately.
Apr 28, 2014
675 posts
185 upvotes
Oakville, ON
kiz5 wrote: Released today -- and should be available at all branches if you're wanting to get it exchanged immediately.
I am one of those customers who opted-out of VISA Debit, so I called Telephone Banking and had the call centre re-issue my Advantage Debit Card as a Convienience Card.

In regards to the Interac Flash, for those who do not want the feature on their card, is the procedure the same? I assume like VISA Debit, the branches will only carry debit cards from this point onwards with Interac Flash on it.

Does the call centre re-issue the debit card without the RFID chip? Or can Interac Flash simply be disabled with no need to re-issue the card?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1136 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
Yep, it'll just be the Visa Debit with Flash available in branch. You can still call in to get the basic old one.

However, we can disable the Interac Flash at the branch as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
with td you can turn it off. so maybe the same

pcf said on their Facebook interac flash and visa debit are coming at end end of the year. so maybe cibc is pushing it out to both slowly?
May 29, 2012
56 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
kiz5 wrote: Yep, it'll just be the Visa Debit with Flash available in branch. You can still call in to get the basic old one.

However, we can disable the Interac Flash at the branch as well.

Would I be able to get the convenience card with interact flash but without the visa debt ?

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)