• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2014 8:22 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 16, 2010
629 posts
21 upvotes

starting over with RBC

Hello.. so I just wanted to create a new banking profile with RBC. would the best way be to end all my products with them (1 account and 1 credit card) and just apply online as a new customer? i'm assuming that would create new profile and not be attached to the old one? would that be correct?
11 replies
Banned
Sep 10, 2014
694 posts
145 upvotes
jewville wrote: Hello.. so I just wanted to create a new banking profile with RBC. would the best way be to end all my products with them (1 account and 1 credit card) and just apply online as a new customer? i'm assuming that would create new profile and not be attached to the old one? would that be correct?
And what is the point of this?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
2005 posts
696 upvotes
Montreal
jewville wrote: Hello.. so I just wanted to create a new banking profile with RBC. would the best way be to end all my products with them (1 account and 1 credit card) and just apply online as a new customer? i'm assuming that would create new profile and not be attached to the old one? would that be correct?
If you close the credit card with them to open a new account, doesn't your credit history length get affected by this?
Is there a benefit you're looking for ?
Jul 28, 2014
123 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you close all of your accounts and you go to open a new account with them in the same region (there are three), they can pull up yoir old information and see you have closed accounts with them.

However, if you have moved from let's say region 02 to region 03, then it won't come up and autolink. If you look at your current client card after the 4519, the region code will be the two digits 01,02,03.

You will have to provde them with ID, and should request your SIN, which is static, so they can report interest to CRA and as a result if you have not moved out of the region your account with link back up.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
lovefreemoney wrote: And what is the point of this?
The gamer's mindset, when objective fails, restart.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
6278 posts
2753 upvotes
Toronto
TKDKidd is right. I closed accounts with them in 2005 but when I re-opened some accounts in 2012, they already had all the information (since it was the same region). They even gave me my old debit card number.
Nov 6, 2014
36 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
He may be doing this to take advantage of a promotion. I know RBC just had one which ended for a free iPad mini for new customers (with accounts and credit card). Genuinely curious as to whether this would work - I suspect not.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5438 posts
80 upvotes
Sydney
It's all linked to your SIN, so you won't get a new profile. They will simply reuse your old one.
Jan 16, 2010
629 posts
21 upvotes
ItemFinder wrote: It's all linked to your SIN, so you won't get a new profile. They will simply reuse your old one.
when you are trying to create an account online through rbc you dont have to put in your sin number. i know at td i have had multiple profiles and none of them were linked. they were opened and closed for a duration of time and when i created an account through td.com and didnt put in my sin it didnt automatically link everything
Banned
Sep 10, 2014
694 posts
145 upvotes
jewville wrote: when you are trying to create an account online through rbc you dont have to put in your sin number. i know at td i have had multiple profiles and none of them were linked. they were opened and closed for a duration of time and when i created an account through td.com and didnt put in my sin it didnt automatically link everything
Well tell us, what kind of scam are you trying to run here? What's with all these profiles with all the banks?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)