• Nov 16th, 2014 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes

First time ordered a mattress

Just bought a mattress from Sleep Country and waiting for it's delivery.

This is the first time I bought a mattress so I would like to know what to expect.

Will the mattress come sealed in a plastic protector thingy until they bring it to my house? Am I to expect they are going to break the seal once they arrive in front of me?
Do I pay for the mattress upon delivery via the driver/loader guy? Do they have debit/credit machine?

Any other tips I should look for? I took a picture of how the mattress is suppose to look while I was in their shop (the pattern) just to make sure I receive what I bought. Any else I should look for?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Messerschmitt wrote: Just bought a mattress from Sleep Country and waiting for it's delivery.

This is the first time I bought a mattress so I would like to know what to expect.

Will the mattress come sealed in a plastic protector thingy until they bring it to my house? Am I to expect they are going to break the seal once they arrive in front of me?
Do I pay for the mattress upon delivery via the driver/loader guy? Do they have debit/credit machine?

Any other tips I should look for? I took a picture of how the mattress is suppose to look while I was in their shop (the pattern) just to make sure I receive what I bought. Any else I should look for?
What did they say at Sleep Country when you asked them? One would have thought they would have given you an idea of what to expect during the delivery process, so I'm concerned that they left you clueless about the whole thing. Poor customer service there.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
164 upvotes
do you tried out before you ordered @ the shop

Personally, I will not buy a mattress or a Sofa or a leather chair without trying it out @ the shop
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2358 posts
618 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
May wrote: do you tried out before you ordered @ the shop

Personally, I will not buy a mattress or a Sofa or a leather chair without trying it out @ the shop
What does that have to do with anything? Just wonderin....
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1518 posts
164 upvotes
cferguson23 wrote: What does that have to do with anything? Just wonderin....
What do you mean

You should try the mattress to see whether it is Comfortable or not @ the Shop

PS: op why you don't phone that store & ask them on how going to pay them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
This makes no sense at all, every time I bought a mattress I tried it out and paid for it in the shop and they set up the shipping. You sign the invoice when they are done. If you buy the boxspring and frame with it, they will set it up for you. If just a mattress and you have your own boxspring/frame then they can take the plastic away or set it up for you but that stage is determined in the showroom.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I thought you always have to pay for it first before they deliver. Bought mattresses from different stores over the years and that was always the case. I doubt these guys carry around card machines and probably not any change either. So exact cash would be my guess.

I would fully expect the mattress to be in the bag until it gets to your destination. After that you can have them open it for you or just leave it if you want to set it up yourself.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Yes I tried it at the shop if that matters.

I paid a 10% deposit, then the remaining is due at delivery. At the shop they gave me the invoice and apparently I'l pay the remaining with the delivery people.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7022 posts
2907 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Messerschmitt wrote: Will the mattress come sealed in a plastic protector thingy until they bring it to my house? Am I to expect they are going to break the seal once they arrive in front of me?
Yes it will, but expect the plastic wrapping to be torn a bit from handling at the warehouse and during delivery.

The only seal that matters is some colour-coded tape on the inside of the plastic that is supposed to show that it is a genuine product from that manufacturer.

Other than that, if you are worrying that you are going to get a customer return, you will just have to look carefully as they unwrap it.
Feb 27, 2014
339 posts
84 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: Just bought a mattress from Sleep Country and waiting for it's delivery.

I would imagine they have a portable one if they are collecting on delivery. Even the pizza or courier person accepts credit cards when they deliver.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)