Shopping Discussion

Microsoft Store not honoring preorder GC bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2014 9:37 pm
May 5, 2006
991 posts
474 upvotes

Microsoft Store not honoring preorder GC bonus

Four of my friends preordered CoD AW and other games. You're supposed to receive an emailed $10 GC after the game ships (it's listed on the invoice). What we get instead is an email with a GC 'code' and a link to the redemption page. The redemption page demands 25 digit codes. The email only has 9 digits (and is fulfilled by BlueHornet/DigitalRiver).

If you call the Microsoft Store, they direct you to Xbox Live support and vice versa. The problem really lies with the MS Store, since they're the ones selling bogus codes. But they won't remedy the issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Yes, I am in the same boat. 3 pre-orders and NOT ONE $10 gift card. I also spent an hour online with support and an hour on the phone with support and NO ONE @ MS has a clue. The MS Store is saying it's Xbox's issue, and Xbox says it has nothing to do with them go back to the store. Be the last time I order anything from MS Store.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Oy, turns out what MS have provided are 'promotional codes', not $10 Xbox Gift Cards as stated in the promotion. Essentially when you add something to your cart in the MS Store (haven't tried this on Xbox yet), you can enter your 9-digit promotional code and get your $10 off. I ended up buying a $15 dollar Xbox Gift Card, used the promotional code and only paid $5. A terrible implementation of a promotion, but at least it works.
May 5, 2006
991 posts
474 upvotes
feejai wrote: Oy, turns out what MS have provided are 'promotional codes', not $10 Xbox Gift Cards as stated in the promotion. Essentially when you add something to your cart in the MS Store (haven't tried this on Xbox yet), you can enter your 9-digit promotional code and get your $10 off. I ended up buying a $15 dollar Xbox Gift Card, used the promotional code and only paid $5. A terrible implementation of a promotion, but at least it works.
Wow, someone should tell MS Store. And whoever put the link to the XBox store in the redemption email...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)