• Dec 7th, 2014 2:52 am
Tags:
None
Aug 7, 2014
119 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON

CIBC Question

I'd like to avoid visiting a branch to get this fixed as one would think such a function is available on the online banking of CIBC..

- The CIBC personnel that set up my mutual account set it up so a balance is taken from a SAVINGS account that I do not use, and put me into negative, so I had to transfer the balance back to it. Originally, I had requested this balance to come out of CHEQUING (when I set up the account). Can I make the change myself through online banking?

I've already sent an email via the "secure message" platform on CIBC's website, but it's typically utterly useless as it's outsourced to India. Never had a helpful response from there yet, all canned/unrelated drivel or "call this number" which always leads me to an outsourced support center.
5 replies
Apr 28, 2014
675 posts
185 upvotes
Oakville, ON
grooll wrote: I'd like to avoid visiting a branch to get this fixed as one would think such a function is available on the online banking of CIBC..

- The CIBC personnel that set up my mutual account set it up so a balance is taken from a SAVINGS account that I do not use, and put me into negative, so I had to transfer the balance back to it. Originally, I had requested this balance to come out of CHEQUING (when I set up the account). Can I make the change myself through online banking?

I've already sent an email via the "secure message" platform on CIBC's website, but it's typically utterly useless as it's outsourced to India. Never had a helpful response from there yet, all canned/unrelated drivel or "call this number" which always leads me to an outsourced support center.
All the responses are canned...in order to avoid a form letter response you have to select "Other" in both the Category and Sub-Category field when you write your message.

As for making the change through Online Banking, I don't know if you can do that yourself. Did you try calling CIBC Securities at 1-800-465-3863? That is the department that deals with Mutual Funds; it has to be those guys that deal with it, as only people who are licensed can deal with Mutual Funds. The guys who answer the regular telephone banking number can't do it.
Aug 7, 2014
119 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
No phone call yet, I just noticed the error shortly before I made the post and navigated the endless loops on CIBC's site.

I guess I'll phone or go into a branch, thanks.
Apr 28, 2014
675 posts
185 upvotes
Oakville, ON
grooll wrote: No phone call yet, I just noticed the error shortly before I made the post and navigated the endless loops on CIBC's site.

I guess I'll phone or go into a branch, thanks.
Keep an eye on that Savings account and make sure CIBC doesn't add insult to injury by dinging you with a $5.00 Overdraft fee...if that happens, demand the fee be reversed because it was incurred to their screw-up by debiting the wrong account
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1791 posts
1181 upvotes
Vancouver
Just give a call to the rep and he/she will get it fixed no problem.
Aug 7, 2014
119 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
I immediately re-populated the balance to specifically avoid any goobery fees like that. At the time of writing, no unexpected overdraft fees.