Personal Finance

ATB TrackIt - a new, free online and mobile money management tool for ATB customers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2014 2:46 pm
Tags:
May 14, 2012
40 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary

ATB TrackIt - a new, free online and mobile money management tool for ATB customers

ATB Online banking is now enhanced with ATB TrackIt™—a new, free online and mobile money management tool. Available now exclusively to ATB customers, it allows you to easily see your balances and spending from North American bank accounts, credit cards, gift cards, investment accounts, and more.

This seems like a great idea, and if they can get it to work properly it is also supposed to be secure.

Unfortunately there is no option to add ATB Investor Services accounts. But I was able to add Investment accounts, savings accounts and credit cards from HSBC, TD and BMO very easily.

Anyone else in Alberta trying this yet?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
Yes, I set it up, and for ATB stuff it's great, shows what would be my mortgage balance (now $0 :) ) and my savings and HELOC accounts, but although it adds all my CIBC bank and investment accounts, it does not add my CIBC Visas or my Personal Line of Credit.

It's a decent idea, kind of like Mint I guess, but still needs some work.

It would be cool if you could drop/drag amounts from one account to the other, for example take $2000 from my CIBC Chequing account and drag it over to my HELOC.

One other thing I don't like is how it shows my Amex Balance. I normally buy everything on my Amex and pay it off right away, sometimes when i know I am buying larger stuff, I throw money on it before I even buy it, on the ATB site it will show ($250.00) to show a credit, but in the graphs it does not understand that and shows it as a debit.

That said, I just can't see me using it too much to be truthful at least until they add my CIBC Visa but even after that, too buggy for me right now.

I find it funny ATB did this considering how behind they have always been in the Online Banking world.

They only added E-transfers about 2 years ago, and still don't have the ability to take pictures of cheques to deposit. Also every single time I log in on my PC, it always asked me my security question. God I hate that. Also, they always inflate your balance by $1000, as they automatically add in an overdraft. I don't care about over drafts, I don't use them, show me what is actually in the account.

They also have a messed up way of doing things. I used to have a monthly "payment" go from my CIBC chequing to my ATB HELOC every month, just to make it an easy way to make regular payments. Well about 6 months ago, after paying off my mortgage, I wanted to accelerate the process and have them make 2 payments a month coming from CIBC Chequing to ATB HELOC. Well it took a month for them to figure out how to do it. They have to transfer from CIBC to my ATB Savings, then after a few days, the savings would transfer it to my HELOC. Because I have a Pay as you Go account with ATB, I asked them would that not cost me a fee every month, they said no, since it's "internal"... Well guess what, they are charging me $2 a month because they can't figure out how to transfer straight into a HELOC, like it was done for many years up to 6 months ago. I e-mailed my person at ATB and she has ignored me for a week, I assume it's not worth her time to deal about $2 a month. I know, $2 is not a big deal, but it's the principle of the thing, that they suck at trying to make things easy. Last year i was making these transfers with no fee, no issues. Regardless, I like ATB, I have about 1 year left on my HELOC (Funeral expenses, renovations, etc), and after that, I will just keep the HELOC as emergency money. I would never use them as my full fledged bank.
May 14, 2012
40 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
I am actually fed up with ATB too as they seem to screw up most things, but I will stick with them to see if they can get this TrackIt system working. It looks like it was developed by a US bank as it shows all the US bank logos on the main page.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)